Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

GCSE Higher Calc March 2012 - Paper and model answers in first post

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    89 on non-calc and 97 on calc- A*?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How the hell people getting 80 and 90s marks? am i the only person getting 40 marks and 30 marks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how many marks have i lost from the cumulative frequency graph? I accidentally plotted it by the mid point of each graph so it 5 places to the left.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got about 81 on the first paper and maybe 84/85 on the second - would that be enough for an A*? I already have an A in maths from last year and this is a re-sit, so I really want to get an A*!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the histogram question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what would 174marks be?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    For question 22 I did it to 1(d.p) instead of 3sf would I still get all the marks? Secondly, my friends and I did VAT on each tyre then times 3 instead of 3 times the tyre price and then VAT on the that. Which one is correct because the wording of the question isn't clear but sounds like the VAT on each tyre.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if on the last question i had all the workings out. How many marks will i get? i bottled it and used quadratic formula (dont ask me why).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    that histogram question tricked me i plotted the last point all the way to 60 so angrrrrrrrrrrry!!!!!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you think 178-180 would be enough for an a* ??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 97 on CAl (3 marks form Histograms, I fail at those) and 94 for non cal.
    But is roughly 175 - 191 enough for a A*?

Thought the Grade Boundaries were around 160? Right?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spookz)
    that histogram question tricked me i plotted the last point all the way to 60 so angrrrrrrrrrrry!!!!!!!!
    Damn, I was so angry at that...3 marks lost.
    I always suck at histograms, and yesterday I blasted it and only worked out the FD and MP.
    Didnt plot :/

Turns out I was revising on Mymaths yesterday morning...it had 0.4 too, exactly like the exam (First one was 0.4) = each sqaure = 4 people.

ffs :/
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you get over 176 that's pretty much an A* in the bag, the paper (overall) was easier than the November series but not too easier. I think it will be 168 for A*.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdmchill)
    For question 22 I did it to 1(d.p) instead of 3sf would I still get all the marks? Secondly, my friends and I did VAT on each tyre then times 3 instead of 3 times the tyre price and then VAT on the that. Which one is correct because the wording of the question isn't clear but sounds like the VAT on each tyre.
    Either way is acceptable....
    VAT per tyre = £13 per tyre...but 20% VAT from all 3 types = £39. Same as £13 x 3

It doesnt matter as long as you got the right ans.

Also, for Qus. 2, it says to an SUITABLE degree of accuracy. I'm nto sure about the 3 S.F but I written down 3.605 which I don't think you will be marked down for feelin thats the suitbale degree of accuracy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But yeah this sure is a hard paper.
    I didn't do the November resit, I did my in June 2011. However after achieving an A (was 2 marks off A*) I decided to resit this year!

Ofcourse everything is easier now because I actually revised! DOH!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerab)
    how many marks was the histogram question?
    2 for table, and 3 for graph I think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I got 55 on the calc, and 68-72 on the non calc, would that be enough for an A?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manunited_96)
    Would 79 in non calculator and 94 in calculator paper be enough for an A*
    More or less. But slight chance u get a high A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got around 130-140 marks on both papers? Do you think I have a chance of getting an A?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ata12)
    If I got 55 on the calc, and 68-72 on the non calc, would that be enough for an A?
    Depending on Grade bounday and using the lowest mark on the cal paper, you will just be able to get an A or maybe a high B. Last year summers Grade boundary for A is 121, your 123 with lowest score, cutting it a bit I think

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 15, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.