The Student Room Group

GCSE Higher Calc March 2012 - Paper and model answers in first post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Can somebody anwer this question for me?

Would i get 1 mark for writing
S = B+T

When the answer was S= 20b + 30t and it was a 3 mark question?
I'm amused by the duplicate factorising question.
Reply 62
Original post by xXxDHxXx
Chill, or maybe he just wanna boast. Everyone boast SOMETIME in the exams.
You do good, you boast, you do bad you complain about people boasting :smile:

I am complaining about him boasting, but I didn't do bad, I got my A* in November and now I've finished C1 and onto C2. The reason why I'm complaining is because he didn't say "Hey guys, I think I got an A* because I'm really confident" he literally said "Guys, I got 93% overall, is that an A*?" someone of his intellect (let's just say he did get what he thinks he got) should know that 93% is well into the A* boundary.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
LOL, umm I don't understand how anyone can find the non-calc for march 2012 easy! It was hard! Without doubt november 2011 non-calc was much easier. :/
Reply 64
And I got an A last time aswell :P LOL. Anyways I hope they don't increase the grade boundaries ! *fingerscrossed*
Reply 65
Original post by Barry2011
Would 68 marks be enough for a C?

Out of 200 ? I dunno probably ! :P LOL..
Reply 66
I got about 70 in the non-calc (something like that) And 98 ( hehe) On the calc. Is that an A* or not?
Reply 67
Original post by Simpliey
I got roughly 75 - 80 is that good enough for a C? XD I sound pretty stupid because you all going for A's and I'm just here attempting to get my C in higher XD

Why bother asking such a daft question, ofcourse that's more than a C. :/
Original post by LucyJ12
Out of 200 ? I dunno probably ! :P LOL..

The paper will not be out of 200 as there was a duplicate question and it will not gain credit twice.
Original post by Mr M
The paper will not be out of 200 as there was a duplicate question and it will not gain credit twice.

what duplicate question are you on about? i took the exam!
Original post by gooner4ever
what duplicate question are you on about? i took the exam!

Factorise a quadratic - it is the same question on the non-calc and the calc paper. Another embarrassing Edexcel stuff-up.
Reply 71
I think i got 62 in the non calc and 76 in the calculator paper. Is there any chance i could get an A overall?
Original post by Jamesm1
I think i got 62 in the non calc and 76 in the calculator paper. Is there any chance i could get an A overall?

im in the same situation as you , im hoping the grade boundaries aren't similar to a few years ago (141 for an A) because then i'd have just missed it... and that would be insane annoying...
Reply 73
I got 93 on the calculator and 76 on the non calculator.

Is that pushing my luck for an A*?
Reply 74
Dayummmmmmm, everyone getting 90+ on this calculator. The grade boundaries will defo be around 174.
Reply 75
Original post by `God
I am complaining about him boasting, but I didn't do bad, I got my A* in November and now I've finished C1 and onto C2. The reason why I'm complaining is because he didn't say "Hey guys, I think I got an A* because I'm really confident" he literally said "Guys, I got 93% overall, is that an A*?" someone of his intellect (let's just say he did get what he thinks he got) should know that 93% is well into the A* boundary.

Well I can tell you I'm 100% confident in getting an A* in this test.
Plus I am doign the exact board as you on A-level maths. I too have done C1 and I got my result of 96% too and is well into my C2 maths.

Or maybe he is just a retard who is SOMEHOW clever.
BTW don't attempt to say anyone of us are boasting because I know more than a dozen who got 100% on thier C1 exams :/ AND with 7 of them at the ages of 15. Hmm...I guess we are all younger than you :P
i got roughly.... 55-60 on the non cal
And probably 70-80 on the cal.
would that be an A ?
Reply 77
Original post by xXxDHxXx
Well I can tell you I'm 100% confident in getting an A* in this test.
Plus I am doign the exact board as you on A-level maths. I too have done C1 and I got my result of 96% too and is well into my C2 maths.

Or maybe he is just a retard who is SOMEHOW clever.
BTW don't attempt to say anyone of us are boasting because I know more than a dozen who got 100% on thier C1 exams :/ AND with 7 of them at the ages of 15. Hmm...I guess we are all younger than you :P

Original post by Mr M
Factorise a quadratic - it is the same question on the non-calc and the calc paper. Another embarrassing Edexcel stuff-up.

Hey, I was just wondering about the edexcel specification in june....will it be changing and will it be harder?
Reply 78
Original post by mazam
Hey, I was just wondering about the edexcel specification in june....will it be changing and will it be harder?

Yes it's changing
The maths knowledge being tested is practically identical
It will include new types of functional and problem solving questions that students have been preparing for since Y7
The difficulty of papers varies from exam to exam but grade boundary adjustments are made to compensate for variations in difficulty.
It will be no easier or harder to achieve a particular grade
Reply 79
Original post by gdunne42
Yes it's changing
The maths knowledge being tested is practically identical
It will include new types of functional and problem solving questions that students have been preparing for since Y7
The difficulty of papers varies from exam to exam but grade boundary adjustments are made to compensate for variations in difficulty.
It will be no easier or harder to achieve a particular grade

Will that be for all year groups that are taking the exam in june?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending