Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sunbeds

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can using a sunbed once a week for 3mins cause any negative side effects and will you see any results at all? Im really pale
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to current studies you'd be at an increased risk of skin cancer. Then again, people who sunbed are probably the same people who don't put on enough suncream when they're tanning on holiday, so that might make up some of the cases.

Either way, I wouldn't do it myself. How about a spray tan?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only using them once a week for 3mins isn't going to do anything unfortunately. I was quite pale and had to go on for two weeks, starting at 4mins and working my way up to 8mins, before I saw any difference. You've got to keep going for a while after that too in order to top up and keep your tan.

I went on them almost everyday for 3 months and it's the stupidest thing I've ever done. I started getting all these raised lumps on my stomach and so went to my doctor. I got a free skin consultation under a UV lamp and I couldn't believe the amount of irreversible damage I'd done to myself in such a small amount of time. I've found a brilliant fake tan called St Moriz, which is cheap and absolutely amazing, definitely the best one I've used. Give that a try instead, once you begin tanning on sunbeds it's very, very hard to stop and I wish someone had prevented me from even starting.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.