Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Providing IELTS results

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I've just received my IELTS certificate by post and I'm wondering how I should provide the results to universities. Can I just scan it and send it as a .jpg?

Thank you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    afaik you have that code that you can provide them with so they can check online. They asked for that code on the UCAS form too. I forgot what it was called though!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The code should be enough. However, you can have you exam centre send a Test Report Form to the university - as far as I know, they do it for free and that's what I'm gonna do.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't registered for IELTS when I submitted my application so I didn't have that code and I have no idea if I have it now.

Before sitting the test, they asked me if I wanted to send the report to any organisations, but I didn't want them to because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass it. You know, it would be awkward if the unis received my report with insufficient score.
    Luckily, I achieved a much better score than I needed, so that's why I'm wondering how to send it just now.

At the bottom of the certificate, there's "The validity of this IELTS Test Report Form can be verified online by recognising organisations at https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/"
    I guess this means that if I send it as a .jpg to the unis, they'll be able to verify it... somehow.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you have the form, there should be long code on it - I looked it up and it's the Test Report Number if recalled it correctly, but yeah I suppose you can scan it and send it to them, it's jsut a bit more work.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardell)
    I wasn't registered for IELTS when I submitted my application so I didn't have that code and I have no idea if I have it now.

Before sitting the test, they asked me if I wanted to send the report to any organisations, but I didn't want them to because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass it. You know, it would be awkward if the unis received my report with insufficient score.
    Luckily, I achieved a much better score than I needed, so that's why I'm wondering how to send it just now.

At the bottom of the certificate, there's "The validity of this IELTS Test Report Form can be verified online by recognising organisations at https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/"
    I guess this means that if I send it as a .jpg to the unis, they'll be able to verify it... somehow.
    You can request them to send Test Report Forms after you've got your results

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 6, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.