Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 history coursework sources on kerensky and the provisional government?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    im doing my A2 coursework at the moment and im finding it hard to find any good sources on kerensky and the provisional government in answering this question;
    assess the view that the failures of the Provisional Govt were the main factors in enabling lenin and the bolsheviks to seize power"
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    thank you!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    There's loads of good stuff out there. Here's a list, in a rough order of what I've found best (ie, best mix of fact / opinion / readability / reputability)

Rethinking the Russian Revolution - Edward Acton
    -The Russian Revolution - Graham Darby
    -A People's Tragedy - Orlando Figes
    -Years of Russia and the USSR, 1851 – 1991 – Evans and Jenkins (Hodder and Stoughton 2001)
    -The Russian Revolution 1900–1927 (4th Edition) – Robert Service

I'm not doing work on your title, but I have found these very good for sources on feb 1917 revolution, and there seemed to be lots on Provisional Government matters too -so no promises on quality but I think it's a good place to start.

In return, I don't suppose you would have come across any good sources that would offer data on Brusilov offensive of 1916?

Thanks in advance!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Acton book mentioned above was an absolute GOLDMINE for historiography when I did my PS. Just use textbooks for general info. But Acton goes some way into explaining Kerensky the PG et al. with all the schools of historiography considered

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.