Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Maths - Unit 2, Wednesday 7th March

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yo!

I'm re-sitting this tomorrow, is anyone else taking this? Also has anybody got any tips on how to do well?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lool i thought the test was easy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was fairly easy
    did any one attempt the simultaneous quadratic equation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was this the AQA Maths Higher Teir you are refering to? If so I couldnt go the simultaneous quadratic one, was that the y2 one?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it was when y is squared
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    did any one attempt the simultaneous quadratic equation?
    what simultaneous i did unit 2 maths edexcel higher stage 1 and 2
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph4btomr3aper)
    what simultaneous i did unit 2 maths edexcel higher stage 1 and 2
    oh, i was talking about the AQA maths unit 2 exam
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was a pretty hard test, the AQA Unit 2, don't you think? The start was alright but then it got much harder towards the end.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaneboy)
    It was a pretty hard test, the AQA Unit 2, don't you think? The start was alright but then it got much harder towards the end.
    yeah, i couldn't do the last question.. :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylou)
    yeah, i couldn't do the last question.. :/
    I couldn't do the final 3rd! :P I felt like I had no time.. I'm just PREYING I got a C! In my Unit 1 I got a B, so I hope I do well in the final so that it all evens out to a B.

Did you get y=x for a question? Can't remember which one it was, might've been an equational fraction or sim equation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i got a B in Unit 1 aswell & i dont think so..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what did you get for the price of the muffins, so he made the 40%, I got £2.21 or something like that.
    Or the car devalue, I got 6%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traveltomidwife79)
    what did you get for the price of the muffins, so he made the 40%, I got £2.21 or something like that.
    i didnt complete the muffins question, i might have got atleast 2 marks out of the 5 for my working out though.
    straight after the exam i typed in 12500x0.94 (to work out 6%) and i got 11750 so we got that right
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traveltomidwife79)
    I think I got something like £1.40 for the muffins question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys what % of our final grade is it? And also, do you know when we get the result
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @kaneboy & Others- I believe it's 33% of our final grade. The results will be released to students on Thursday April 19Th. I completed the exam with minimal problems except: The Question about the twins, the last question about the graph & the muffin & loaves question- i got 80p for the final answer
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    @kaneboy & Others- I believe it's 33% of our final grade. The results will be released to students on Thursday April 19Th. I completed the exam with minimal problems except: The Question about the twins, the last question about the graph & the muffin & loaves question- i got 80p for the final answer
    Nice dude Glad you found it quite easy.

I wonder what the grade boundaries will be? My guess would be..

30% C
    50% B
    60% A
    70% A*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    @kaneboy Did you find it easy or hard. I believe it was a mixture of both and i actually liked the paper for once! I agree with your percentage predictions. I think it will be 46/66 for an A* because some people i asked found it really hard. Hopefully 38/66 for an A! What do you hope to get?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the pocket money question? And yes i got the 6% for the car one I personally found the test extremally difficult:/ preying for a C!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    same. the last question looked impossible :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.