Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Hunger Games movie

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanisb)
    So it's coming out on the 23rd of March a little more than 2 weeks from now.
    WHO IS GOING TO WATCH IT?!!!
    I loved all the books.
    **** the 23rd, I'm going on the 22nd, ADVANCE SCREENING
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    **** the 23rd, I'm going on the 22nd, ADVANCE SCREENING
    :eek: NO FAIR!!! -whines like a little kid-
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eek: NO FAIR!!! -whines like a little kid-
    Don't be jealous of my sadness lol My boyfriend and I even have T-shirts that say 'He's my Peeta' and 'She's my Katniss' :cool:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats this movie about exactly? The trailer seemed like Battle Royale mixed with Running Man. Sounds like a teen/kids movie to me(?)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    isn't it supposed to be like battle royale?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do want to watch it, since I thought the books were alright and it'd be interesting to see if it lives up to it's hype.

But... I read Battle Royale first and am painfully aware of how the basic plot of both books is pretty much identical. I used to love the Battle Royale book so know I won't enjoy the Hunger Games film that much
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Whats this movie about exactly? The trailer seemed like Battle Royale mixed with Running Man. Sounds like a teen/kids movie to me(?)
    (Original post by internet tough guy)
    isn't it supposed to be like battle royale?
    YES! It's basically the same. Only not as good (imo).

On a different note I'm genuinely surprised that the author of The Hunger Games has not been sued by the dude who wrote Battle Royale for copyright infringement or something along those lines...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)

On a different note I'm genuinely surprised that the author of The Hunger Games has not been sued by the dude who wrote Battle Royale for copyright infringement or something along those lines...
    Battle Royale is a cult classic so booo to Hunger Games!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)

yeah apparently there are quite few other times where stuff from japan/eastasia gets ripped off (i think i heard the matrix was another example?) because obviously most people over here would never have even heard about foriegn books/films so they can get away with it
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was going to go opening night but as im still at uni the mo and want to re read the book before i see it i'm gunna have to wait!

Mega excited though, I've heard that its gone down with universal acclaim in the preview reviews so hoping it's good!!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    7 seconds of cuts have been made to bring down the certificate from a 15 to 12a, according to the BBFC
    I knew it! It's a kids movie. If it's like Battle Royale, you can't make it without some blood and gore and that was an 18 so 12 sounds kinda laughable. Perhaps I'm being harsh. It's for a different audience I guess.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I knew it! It's a kids movie. If it's like Battle Royale, you can't make it without some blood and gore and that was an 18 so 12 sounds kinda laughable. Perhaps I'm being harsh. It's for a different audience I guess.
    Yeh, of course they're for a different audience. Despite the subject matter, the Hunger Games novels are about as 'young adult' as you can get (the fact that most of people in this thread who are very excited about the film are female tells you alot), so the films would never ever have been an 18. Also, the Hunger Games is written in such a way that we only witness what is happening through the eyes of the/around the main character, so the vast majority of the killings we only hear about about, but don't see. BR grants us no such liberty, and makes a very deliberate point of showing us each and every death, despite of the proximity to the main characters.

There's really only one death in Hunger Games that I thought they might have a bit of trouble with the certification board, which may be where the cuts are made, but they couldve gotten around that by shooting it slightly differently to the way it reads quite easily anyway. I don't think it will be cut or 'dumbed down' as much as the BR film was in comparison to the novel, put it that way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    My boyfriend and I even have T-shirts that say 'He's my Peeta' and 'She's my Katniss' :cool:
    Now THAT is cool.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now THAT is cool.
    ty
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    seeing the film tonight at half 7 :dance: so excited i think i might explode
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited about this movie. Just finished reading Catching Fire for the second time and I'm addicted to the books. But I'm not sure about Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. From what I've seen she looks way too healthy in the District 12 scenes. They should have made her look a bit more strained from all the worry IMO.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loulou111)
    seeing the film tonight at half 7 :dance: so excited i think i might explode
    You're so lucky! I have to wait until next Wednesday to see it. Enjoy!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    I'm afraid it's going to be a bit heavy on the romance side.
    Yeah, me too. I don't want them turning it into a Team Peeta/Team Gale thing, like the Twilight craze. But it's a good marketing ploy to young teen girls so I'm afraid they will. :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Language_student)
    I am so excited about this movie. Just finished reading Catching Fire for the second time and I'm addicted to the books. But I'm not sure about Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. From what I've seen she looks way too healthy in the District 12 scenes. They should have made her look a bit more strained from all the worry IMO.
    Well apparently she is probably the best thing in it. She is supposed to be really good. I'll probably rent this when it comes out.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tickets booked for this Sunday

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.