Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Hunger Games movie

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it's coming out on the 23rd of March a little more than 2 weeks from now.
    WHO IS GOING TO WATCH IT?!!!
    I loved all the books.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's probably going to be ****.
    BUT I'M SO EXCITED ANYWAY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im coming! My birthday is on the 24th so we're going to see in on IMAX!

Its going to be amazing! Especially as the author wrote the script!!!!!! Excited isnt the word!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah! I love all the books and I am so, so excited to see the film! My friends and I are just waiting until the cinema near us will let us book tickets. If they do a midnight showing (doubt it) then I really want to go, even if I fall asleep in school the next day!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can not wait ! It's an awesome book and I am Definitely watching it asap!
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mates and I agreed to watched this film since last year.
    So definitely watching it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    YAAAY! OMG! :P
    I'm worried though. I mean so many movies based on books are never as good! Just look at the Twilight series! (Okay, so a couple years back, i was actually a fan.) The movies are soooo **** !! The books are so much better (Yes, I enjoyed it when I was 14. Which 14-year-old girls didn't like it). I just hope The Hunger Games movie won't be the same... IT CAN'T BE!!! But the trailers so far look REALLY good!
    Also, has anyone checked out the fan-made movies on youtube? Some are REALLY good!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not going to be wonderful but I'm still excited - I get to see it with my best friend and my housemates.

The trailers look really good anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I literally CAN NOT WAIT!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The movies will be better than the HP crap movies that were pushed out. I may watch, i may not
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    It's probably not going to be wonderful but I'm still excited - I get to see it with my best friend and my housemates.

The trailers look really good anyway.
    Yeah, I think when books are turned into movies, it makes it too real. So everything we imagined in our heads may not be what the movie will show us. Everytime I go see a movie that is based on a book, I always end up saying "this part, I thought it was gonna be like this..." or "they missed out the best part!!!"

And yeah, I'm gonna go see it with my best friend and my sister. Was gonna go for the midnight premier, but if my sister is tagging along..... Plus, I'll still have college the next day so can't do that, sadly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanisb)
    YAAAY! OMG! :P
    I'm worried though. I mean so many movies based on books are never as good! Just look at the Twilight series! (Okay, so a couple years back, i was actually a fan.) The movies are soooo **** !! The books are so much better (Yes, I enjoyed it when I was 14. Which 14-year-old girls didn't like it). I just hope The Hunger Games movie won't be the same... IT CAN'T BE!!! But the trailers so far look REALLY good!
    Also, has anyone checked out the fan-made movies on youtube? Some are REALLY good!!!
    The twilight books were even crapper then the movies imo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it's coming out on the 23rd of March a little more than 2 weeks from now.
    WHO IS GOING TO WATCH IT?!!!
    I loved all the books.
    I'M WATCHING IT!!! So excited
    But I didn't like Mockingjay.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motunrolarulz)
    But I didn't like Mockingjay.
    WHYYY?!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think when books are turned into movies, it makes it too real. So everything we imagined in our heads may not be what the movie will show us. Everytime I go see a movie that is based on a book, I always end up saying "this part, I thought it was gonna be like this..." or "they missed out the best part!!!"

And yeah, I'm gonna go see it with my best friend and my sister. Was gonna go for the midnight premier, but if my sister is tagging along..... Plus, I'll still have college the next day so can't do that, sadly.
    Yeah, exactly that. I think I'm going to make a mental note not to compare them too much, because quite often they get it wrong, and inevitably they're not going to be able to show some of what is in the books anyway. :p:

Hahah aw, I know how you feel. I think I'm going on the Saturday afternoon - I have labs on the Friday so I'll probably be too tired to do anything in the evening. :p: Hope you enjoy it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with a friend when she comes home from uni. I'm also so sad that I even bought one of those 'free' Panem ID cards from cafepress, I'm district 5! I'm as excited for that than the actual movie :woo:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loved the books, can't wait!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Super excited.
    Going straight after school with a bunch of friends.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    Yeah, exactly that. I think I'm going to make a mental note not to compare them too much, because quite often they get it wrong, and inevitably they're not going to be able to show some of what is in the books anyway.
    But it's gonna be really hard NOT to compare it though! Unless we watch the movie BEFORE we read! And yeah, I always get really mad at how they always leave parts out in the movies. Why can't they just put everything like the way it is in the books? :dry:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    But it's gonna be really hard NOT to compare it though! Unless we watch the movie BEFORE we read! And yeah, I always get really mad at how they always leave parts out in the movies. Why can't they just put everything like the way it is in the books? :dry:
    It's a pain but they can't, they have limited budgets and run times and even schedules in some cases. Also, some things don't look as good on camera as they read in books (if that makes sense, I can't word it properly.) Oh well. I'm still excited.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.