The Student Room Group

2013 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Natasha1994
Been rejected from four Medical Schools and will be reapplying in 2013.

I'm predicted AAA*, and have a b in Maths AS. Would anyone advise resitting the AS?

Going by the med school A-level requirements your b in AS should be fine. My cousin too got a b in AS maths and managed to get a couple of interviews so I don't think it would be too detrimental. Just make sure you nail those summer exams now and get those A*/A's!:biggrin:
Reply 101
Original post by br2pi5
ohhh gurl holla! hahhaaa love your attitude! I was sitting on my couch just digging myself a nice little warm hole bc of no motivation to study (after 8 rejections) but you know what? imma get up and do some work SON!

lol I can't believe I just wrote that.... I must be getting crazier by the second, plus I changed your gender twice (hope you don't mind) :mmm:

LOL ....yeh ....seriously when you get offers next year it you'll understand...... it gets you on this permanent HIGH....must be what crack is like....:P
Reply 102
May I have permission to join this thread? I'm kind of excited, it has to be said. UCAS 2013, come at me.
Reply 103
Original post by sablarrr
May I have permission to join this thread? I'm kind of excited, it has to be said. UCAS 2013, come at me.

I saw you posted a link to your blog on the Liverpool thread. I've just read through it all, and you seem like a fantastic person! You've actually inspired me to create my own blog. Best of luck this year!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by Dr.Acula
I saw you posted a link to your blog on the Liverpool thread. I've just read through it all, and you seem like a fantastic person! You've actually inspired me to create my own blog. Best of luck this year!

Aw, that's nice of you :biggrin: Us gappers need to stick together.

I'm following you :ninja:
Reply 105
Officially a med school reject! :frown:
Gap year here I come :smile:
"keep calm and move on"
Reply 106
mhmm... might need to take a break from TSR and stop looking at [insert name of med school] Medicine Applicants 2012... made me wish I was in their position :cry2:

*sniff sniff* i'm going to go back to study (my chem book is my new bff)
Original post by br2pi5
mhmm... might need to take a break from TSR and stop looking at [insert name of med school] Medicine Applicants 2012... made me wish I was in their position :cry2:

*sniff sniff* i'm going to go back to study (my chem book is my new bff)

Tell me about it, I find myself doing the same...may need to take a break as well.
on my way to a gap year!! I think I'll enjoy this year out!
Good luck to y'all (Y)
Original post by Dhill94
**** it, apply to MALTA!!! A little sex, sun, sea, sangria and sex whilst studying for a dentistry/med degree id settle for. people will be stuck back in britin in the pouring rain whilst thre people that go for malta get a tan whilst learnin thier desired course!1

I would love to apply there but apparently you need a language at AS level or something. :frown:
Reply 111
Original post by sablarrr
Aw, that's nice of you :biggrin: Us gappers need to stick together.

I'm following you :ninja:

I'm following you too, lol. ^_^

Actually, now that I think about it, that sounds kinda weird, I'm 'following' you. :L

Ha, I have no idea what I'm saying (well, typing). I best go studyyyy.
Reply 112
Original post by handsome7654
I would love to apply there but apparently you need a language at AS level or something. :frown:

If your an english student you don't need another language, that matriculation requirement is put in for eu-students from different countries to show that they are capable of becoming more fluent in the english in a relatively short space of time (if this is not the language they already posses)
Original post by Dhill94
If your an english student you don't need another language, that matriculation requirement is put in for eu-students from different countries to show that they are capable of becoming more fluent in the english in a relatively short space of time (if this is not the language they already posses)

Are you applying there too? :smile:
Reply 114
Are you applying there too? :smile:

I am indeed. Maybe even see you over there if we're both successful. :smile:
Original post by Dhill94
I am indeed. Maybe even see you over there if we're both successful. :smile:

When is the deadline for 2012 entry?
Btw, I was wondering if I'm actually eligible to apply for 2012 entry without completing my A-levels?
Hopefully we will both be successful. :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by twelve
Good luck everyone! Its wierd seeing all you starting your gap years like I did, but I hope it all turns out well for you :biggrin:

ucas track.png
Just a reminder what you're doing it all for! Just imagine how good it'll feel to read that for yourselves!

Ay advice on being a reapplicant, I've been there, done that, and considering getting a t shirt :P

Hi what did you do in your gap year? I'm not a medic but I'm applying for dentistry - hope I get in!
Reply 117
When is the deadline for 2012 entry?
Btw, I was wondering if I'm actually eligible to apply for 2012 entry without completing my A-levels?
Hopefully we will both be successful. :biggrin:

Hi there,

I don't know if this helps you at all but I am a Scottish student and will be sitting my advanced highers in the summer. These are the examinations which we sit at the end of S6 (final year of school), assuming all examinations have went well before this. So, if A-levels are equivalent to advanced highers and your doing them this year, then the answer to your question is yes, if your completing them this year. Otherwise, I doubt it but again, you'd be best to fire a quick email to admissions at the uni.
Reply 118
Original post by rocco94
Hi what did you do in your gap year? I'm not a medic but I'm applying for dentistry - hope I get in!

Hey,

I'm actually a school leaver and not actually had any sort of gap year yet. I've done plenty of volunteering at a care home and special needs school in conjunction with my studies and additionally have shadowed my GP and a gynecologist, cardiologist and fy1&2 doctors to get a feel for what the environment is like. Coincidentally however, I have decided last minute that I would rather apply for dentistry (because of the hours) and have actually opted for dentistry over there. What did you include on your CV btw, did you attach a personal statement to it?

PS - What did you get in your final exams in school? Just trying to get a rough idea of what I'll require in my adv. highers.
Best of luck to all those of you reapplying next year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending