The Student Room Group

Financial support for studying in the USA?

Hey TSR, this is my first post so if it's in the wrong place or whatever I'm sorry.

Basically, I'm going through an agency at the moment with hopes to attain a football scholarship whilst studying business in America. I'm from the UK and have my A-Level exams in May.

So with this agency, if I get through I've got a guaranteed offer of AT LEAST 50%. That means the max I'll be needing to pay a year is around £6000. Thing is, I'm not from a rich family meaning that I would have to earn money for my University tuition fees, with maybe a little help. I would be okay in getting the money for the first 2 years but after that I'm unsure as to whether I'd be able to afford it. Is there anyway whatsoever that I'd be able to receive a grant/student loan to study in America?

Anyway whatsoever, I just need some help.
Cheers.
Reply 1
Student finance won't financially support any student studying abroad.
Reply 2
Original post by JordzLFC
Hey TSR, this is my first post so if it's in the wrong place or whatever I'm sorry.

Basically, I'm going through an agency at the moment with hopes to attain a football scholarship whilst studying business in America. I'm from the UK and have my A-Level exams in May.

So with this agency, if I get through I've got a guaranteed offer of AT LEAST 50%. That means the max I'll be needing to pay a year is around £6000. Thing is, I'm not from a rich family meaning that I would have to earn money for my University tuition fees, with maybe a little help. I would be okay in getting the money for the first 2 years but after that I'm unsure as to whether I'd be able to afford it. Is there anyway whatsoever that I'd be able to receive a grant/student loan to study in America?

Anyway whatsoever, I just need some help.
Cheers.

Not from the UK, anything financial aid would have to come from the university itself
Good luck! They are hyper-competitive but scholarships are the only answer I can see, look into the university is all I can say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending