Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman punched in front of her kids by her husband

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this?

Here's what I think: using the argument that since women cry for equality they should be treated the same physically is stupid. Obviously you have a right to defend yourself but to suggest that if a woman's challenging you to a fight you're allowed to square up and box her is dumb.

Women argue for equal rights, not to be equal.

The fact that a woman can generally be easily overpowered by a man leads me to believe that violence against women is wrong, and so a straight up fight between the two is abhorrent and I wouldn't encourage someone like the husband to have punched her like that; in such a situation, a push would have probably been more appropriate.

Obviously he punched her out of anger rather than self defence, as you can hear from his reaction. It's hard to control yourself in such a situation, but cmon son.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a pathetic man.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't debate on this one I just feel sorry for the lady
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That man needs anger-management issues. He's an idiot; destroying his family over what, a playstation game? And to do it infront of the children, well, what kind of role model is he being? He needs help. And time away from the wife and kids if that's all it takes to provoke domestic violence.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's messed up, especially for the kids after
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This man should be taken out the back and have one put behind his ear.

The woman is also an idiot for choosing to have kids with this guy in the first place and letting her kids grow up around the guy.

Women need to take more responsibility for the men they let into their children's lives.

EDIT: Jesus, I'll try to phrase it a little better then. The man should not have the hit woman, he deserves to be punished for it.
    However the woman, decided to instigate a verbal and physical (she threw a punch) confrontation with the man in the same room as her children. She was selfish and stupid to do so.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    The comments are... in some cases akin to that screenshot on the Unilad thread. Hm.

I'm in two minds. Some people say she wanted him to hit her so she could catch him out, but maybe she wanted someone, anyone to just see what she's been putting up with.

She seemed to be flailing at him a bit though, but there was no need to punch her like that at all. No need for any violence, especially as she as so much smaller than him.

I find it odd that he turned it off though, and it's on the net. Surely he'd want to destroy that video asap?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    what an *******
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is really horrible but the man just may not know how to control his emotions. He may be a really nice guy but just got so wound up and did not know how to control himself mentally. It still doesn't make it right, but later I am sure he will feel really bad. My dad has anger management issues and he is similar to this. I am probably going to get loads of negs for this but I have experienced a similar thing throughout my life and sometimes it is just a thing you do at that moment which you later regret.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)

The woman is also an idiot for choosing to have kids with this guy and the first place and letting her kids grow up around the guy.

Women need to take more responsibility for the men they let into their children's lives.
    That's an idiotic response. I'd expect that women don't choose to have a relationship with an abusive man. A 'loving' partner can easily show his true colours after the kids have been born. And then she's tied to him even more.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Surprised that hasn't been removed from youtube.

The guys an idiot - punching his wife over a tv/playstation game?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I feel really really sorry for the kids. Been in their position, it's horrifying.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)

The woman is also an idiot for choosing to have kids with this guy in the first place and letting her kids grow up around the guy.

Perfectly said. They're equally to blame, in my opinion.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    This incident clearly wasn't due to a playstation game... it was due to her trying to hit him.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the kids having to watch it. Its both the parents fault. She punched him first, and he punched her harder but second. Both of them are pathetic idiots.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are both in the wrong. She hit him too in front of the kid.

Edit: Why neg me for stating my opinion? Are you honestly trying to say she was right to hit him first?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why was there a camera there in the first place?
    The whole thing seems pretty weird.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    That's an idiotic response. I'd expect that women don't choose to have a relationship with an abusive man. A 'loving' partner can easily show his true colours after the kids have been born. And then she's tied to him even more.
    I find it really hard to believe he would be able to live with her, marry her and spend all his time with her without showing any of his extremely short temper. That seems incredibly unlikely that not once he would have snapped.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    You're only as tied as you allow yourself to be.
    At the end of the day your children can't be allowed to witness that kind of thing, the guy sure as hell isn't going to improve the kids situation... that just leaves mommy.

Try not to respond too instinctively.

I'm in no way condoning what the guy did, but the woman was not surprised when it happened to her. She did provoke him a little into a physical confrontation whilst her children were in the room - over a playstation I might add.
    She certainly didn't deserve it, but she could have taken measures to prevent it and prevent her children seeing it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    Perfectly said. They're equally to blame, in my opinion.
    I wouldn't say equally... more like 90:10 to the man.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.