Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman punched in front of her kids by her husband

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Idiot. Especially openly in front of his little son. Hope he doesn't grow up and act the same.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    What do you think about this?

Here's what I think: using the argument that since women cry for equality they should be treated the same physically is stupid. Obviously you have a right to defend yourself but to suggest that if a woman's challenging you to a fight you're allowed to square up and box her is dumb.

Women argue for equal rights, not to be equal.

The fact that a woman can generally be easily overpowered by a man leads me to believe that violence against women is wrong, and so a straight up fight between the two is abhorrent and I wouldn't encourage someone like the husband to have punched her like that; in such a situation, a push would have probably been more appropriate.

Obviously he punched her out of anger rather than self defence, as you can hear from his reaction. It's hard to control yourself in such a situation, but cmon son.
    Please elaborate.

If someone has equal rights to someone else, by definition those two people should be treated the same.

The legal system is disgustingly anti-male, and generally the thought of even considering a movement promoting 'men's rights' is treated like some kind of attack on women by hypocritical feminists (not all, some).

In this case, the law should see that the man was assaulted first, but we all know that would never happen. Image if it had been two men.

EDIT: I am only talking about the law. The man (and woman) have no excuse to be carrying on like that in front of kids.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FelixFelicis)
    I feel really really sorry for the kids. Been in their position, it's horrifying.
    Me too

That guy is such a big man isnt he?.......****ing loser...I hope she left him soon afterwards.

Edit:.Domestic violence is awful.I grew up in such an environment and its truly scary.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    You're only as tied as you allow yourself to be.
    At the end of the day your children can't be allowed to witness that kind of thing, the guy sure as hell isn't going to improve the kids situation... that just leaves mommy.

Try not to respond too instinctively.

I'm in no way condoning what the guy did, but the woman was not surprised when it happened to her. She did provoke him a little into a physical confrontation whilst her children were in the room - over a playstation I might add.
    She certainly didn't deserve it, but she could have taken measures to prevent it and prevent her children seeing it.
    No no that's not true at all.

Do any amount of research into domestic abuse and you'll see that that statement has absolutely no founding at all.

Not only in men-on-woman violence, it's the case on women-on-men violence too so do not tell me my judgement is clouded due to my womanly instincts.

Domestic abuse is as much (or more) about mentally controlling the victim as it is about violence.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    She punched him first...and he's still being made to be the bad guy. What do you expect a guy to do, stand there and not do anything?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    No no that's not true at all.

Do any amount of research into domestic abuse and you'll see that that statement has absolutely no founding at all.

Not only in men-on-woman violence, it's the case on women-on-men violence too so do not tell me my judgement is clouded due to my womanly instincts.

Domestic abuse is as much (or more) about mentally controlling the victim as it is about violence.
    From the brief insight into this woman's life though, she isn't your typical domestic abuse victim.
    Afterall, she does seem to hit him in the video as well. When she does seem to be quite able to just step out of the way instead of choosing to have a physical confrontation in from of her children - again, over a playstation.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    she provoked him into a physical confrontation and she hit him first.

His reaction was over the top especially in front of their kids but how is she any more a "victim" than he is?

Both of them are complete idiots to act like that in front of their children however i fail to see how the man is somehow worse. I don't think that punch constitutes self defense and it was clearly anger based and he was in no way right in punching her but there is also no justification for her hitting him. Both are as bad as each other.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    From the brief insight into this woman's life though, she isn't your typical domestic abuse victim.
    Afterall, she does seem to hit him in the video as well. When she does seem to be quite able to just step out of the way instead of choosing to have a physical confrontation in from of her children - again, over a playstation.
    Which is exactly the issue I raised in my first post as to why this is an odd set up, it's obvious she wanted him to hit her.

I was just replying to your comments about only being as tied as you let yourself be, and about violence being equally the fault of the women's choice of partner. That is just not the case in true domestic violence, despite what is in this (somewhat weird) video.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    She punched him first...and he's still being made to be the bad guy. What do you expect a guy to do, stand there and not do anything?
    Did you not notice at the end that he was dragging her one-handed? And how skinny she was? He could have done many, many things other than hit her, with considerable force, in the face. He could also have not started with the intimidating behaviour - kicking stuff - in the first place. He was obviously the aggressor.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    That brought me to tears, the children should not have had to see that; irregardless of what caused it or who started it. What a pathetic way to behave in front of two children who must have been terrified. I speak from experience - watching your parents do that, watching and hearing your parent being hurt is sickening and left me with nightmares for weeks. I can only hope that they watch that back and realise that they need to make some changes in their relationship, fast.

**** I wish I hadn't watched that. Made my tummy go in knots..
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    They both look to be as bad as each other to me. She went for the first swing and he blocked it. He went for the second swing and got her. The same would happen if it was two guys and should be treated as such.
    The thing that pisses me off is that it's in front of the kids!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    He aggressively squared up to a woman half his size, kicked the TV in a rage, and began the confrontation. Her 'punch' was no where near equal to what she got back.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    aww the poor kids
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither of them are capable of raising children.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly her fault. She deserved it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    brings back some memories
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still can't see that she punched him first. All I can see is that she is protecting herself.
    She didn't want to punch him. This is just the natural defensive position.

Still, it's so sad that lots of domestic arguments start over such trivial things. :no:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is horrible and makes me freaking sick. The guys' a b******.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bit convenient that they were recording?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a whining, drama seeking bitch. The bloke punches like a gay as well.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.