Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Woman punched in front of her kids by her husband

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are some people only blaming the man? The woman hit him first and he retaliated... or do you guys think it's okay for women to hit men but when men hit women it's not okay?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like they are going through a divorce and she set up the camera to try and get some legal leverage over him. She comes in and starts deliberately aggravating him when he WAS packing up and hanging with his kids. She knows he has anger problems but wanted some video evidence of it. Its not that hard to believe she could have got the footage, either from automatically saving it to a computer or convincing him to leave it after he'd calmed down. They're both horrible, letting their own issues and temper be of more importance than their kids.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I wish there was a)
    It is possible to become abusive due to depression or when a new addiction (gambling, alcoholism, etc.) begins. Just sayin'.
    Fair enough, but in a regular scenerio that often is not the case.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    This man should not be called 'man' , he is not worthy of the term.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    To everyone saying the woman hit him first, before she hit him, she said she was feeling threatened by him and also threatening to call the cops on him. If she was feeling that threatened by him, it is still a form of self defence if she was certain he was going to harm her. Im seeing her punch/hit as more of warning to the guy since it wasnt intended to cause any damage

Also what he gave back was far too rough to be self defence, self defence is only viewed that way if the level of violence you defend with matches the situation.

And its obvious she didnt have him down as a violent guy as if she did, she would have got out the way if she knew he had the ability to punch her like that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    The woman is also an idiot for choosing to have kids with this guy in the first place and letting her kids grow up around the guy.

Women need to take more responsibility for the men they let into their children's lives.
    I assume he is their father so she doesnt have much choice but to let him around them. However, it's HIM that needs to take responsibility for his actions!
    Im sure she wishes her kids didnt see that, but its not her fault he hit her in front of them. Perhaps she assumed she would be safe with them around? And ultimately, so she should be!

(Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)

also... she could of easily avoided that situation...

if someone can stop something why do they keep on at it... if she knows he's angry and will get violent why continue to argue ? why hit at him? why not say "fine" and leave it? ?
    *shrugs*
    i just dont understand some people....

they should go see jezza.... :P
    x
    HE could also have avoided the situation! You condemn her actions - she was probably angry too! THe responsibilty lies with him too. They BOTH should have said 'fine' and left it, but they didnt, they were arguing. And even if she had said 'fine' and left it, who is to say he wouldnt have carried on? But she wouldnt have been in a defensive mode, and he could have done anything. It was a really stupid fight that could have been stopped by EITHER ONE OF THEM.

The difference between her pathetic punch (if you can call it that) and his punch is that his did some damage. He started it by kicking things. He punched her. He then dragged her. And he didnt give a **** about those kids. What a complete prick! I wish I hadnt watched it, those poor kids.

Eeep, what a rant :/ I just cant believe people put the blame on her for, no less, not stopping the argument and leaving it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks fake
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If my parents fight like these , I would never talk to them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The incident was probably staged by the woman. Reasons being that you can see that she tried hitting him first (twice) before he retaliated, and that there just so happened to be a running camera in the same room in the first place. Also, it appears he didn't hit her that hard, as she didn't cry out in pain when struck, but about two seconds after.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CitizensUnited)
    The incident was probably staged by the woman. Reasons being that you can see that she tried hitting him first (twice) before he retaliated, and that there just so happened to be a running camera in the same room in the first place. Also, it appears he didn't hit her that hard, as she didn't cry out in pain when struck, but about two seconds after.
    Just saying (though I think it was staged too), I think it's normal to start reacting to it about 2 seconds after.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    What do you think about this?

Obviously he punched her out of anger rather than self defence, as you can hear from his reaction. It's hard to control yourself in such a situation, but cmon son.
    I would be hard pressed to believe that he has never hit her before...he had a pretty short fuse.

She didn't help matters by shouting at him and rowing over the telly.However to fight over material possessions leading to a punchup over a telly is pathetic.

Only a sad no balled man would hit a woman anyway.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    The bloke punches like a gay as well.
    Post of the day.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what the relationship was previously like but she seemed to provoke him here, looked like he just wanted to get his things and she was blocking him, he tried moving her and she tried to hit him in the face so he's straight up punched her.

Obviously over the top and a dickhead move in front of your kids but they both seem to be in the wrong.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** is there a camera over there?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite shocked to see a lot of people blaming the woman here..
    You can quite clearly see, that the "hits" she throws at him, do not remotely warrant the full on punch he gave back.
    He was right in her face, and he is a lot taller and broader than her, he was kicking possessions right next to her, and the children are present. no matter how the other person is acting, you do not hit a partner in front of your children.
    She could quite easily have set up that camera as proof/back up of her word, if he did react when she was asking him to leave, or he is someone who has beaten her before and she was wanting proof of it. It doesn't matter if he was provoked to hit her in this instance, it is clearly obvious he has done it before.

She is tiny,and he is massive compared, you cannot in any sense justify him hitting her! Even if she had thrown her hardest punch at him, they are not equal,and it shouldn't be accepted.

If it was a small slim man, and a large woman, I would be saying the exact same, if you are not equal physically to somebody, you cannot punch them if they punch you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    she was clearly provoking him....not that he had the right to hit her like that, but we dont know what they're both like prior to this incident.
    both idiots tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Just saying (though I think it was staged too), I think it's normal to start reacting to it about 2 seconds after.
    True, but if he had hit her enough to hurt her, then she would probably have reacted pretty much immediately.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CitizensUnited)
    True, but if he had hit her enough to hurt her, then she would probably have reacted pretty much immediately.
    No, that's what I'm saying. A badly hurt person usually looks down shocked first before they start wailing in pain.

Anyway yeah, staged as hell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    She punched him first, it deserves her. To be honest I would never ever let a woman hit me, I've got too much pride for that. If a woman hits me I would hit her and I know I'll get negged for this.

I hate this culture where a woman can hit a man and abuse a man, but a man cannot hit or abuse a woman. Why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to be controversial or nothing, but no-one actually knows if there was domestic violence before hand and she may have just wanted to make him out as the bad guy by pushing him too far. Doesn't justify him punching her though, especially not in front of his kids.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 8, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.