Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Change of eye colour

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Kids are always born with blue eyes yes. Some stay blue, whereas others change some time later. The age at which eyes will change colour (if they are going to change) varies.
    Yes I know that.
    Except that my eyes changed from blue to brown then to hazel to green..
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Yes I know that.
    Except that my eyes changed from blue to brown then to hazel to green..
    *shrugs* I guess maybe they just took a while to settle on the colour they're now going to remain at
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    *shrugs* I guess maybe they just took a while to settle on the colour they're now going to remain at
    Lol, I sure hope so.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish my eyes would change colour!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, there was a study a few years ago that showed that 10-15% of twins had eye colour changes past the age of six, it applied to single children as well.

Check your family history.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you might have central heterochromia like me. This means that you have two to four different colours in your eyes in rings from your pupils. This may make it seem as though your eye colour is constantly changing. When I was younger no one could tell me exactly what my eye colour is but now i would say predominantly green.
    Hope that is of some help
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarlett-Yvonne)
    It sounds like you might have central heterochromia like me. This means that you have two to four different colours in your eyes in rings from your pupils. This may make it seem as though your eye colour is constantly changing. When I was younger no one could tell me exactly what my eye colour is but now i would say predominantly green.
    Haha, thanks!
    Yes me too! :]
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbaaz)
    I wish my eyes would change colour!
    I can't see why!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like having it now, i think it's interesting, there are loads of stars with it too
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like having it now, i think it's interesting, there are loads of stars with it too
    Yes me too. I didn't mind it changing colour, but I was quite curious as to why it did so :]
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Bungle)
    Ah right, there was a study a few years ago that showed that 10-15% of twins had eye colour changes past the age of six, it applied to single children as well.

Check your family history.
    None of my family (that I know of) have had this..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't see why!
    because it is way cooler than having the same bog standard colour for the rest of your life... the same reason why people wear coloured contacts which are different to their natural eye colour ...

wish i had blue eyes!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arbaaz)
    because it is way cooler than having the same bog standard colour for the rest of your life... the same reason why people wear coloured contacts which are different to their natural eye colour ...

wish i had blue eyes!
    I see. Well I have green eyes, and they'll do for me :]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see. Well I have green eyes, and they'll do for me :]
    I think most peoples eye colours change throughout their life, but not by much, I think most people don;t notice it. Hair and skin colour change aswell. Your blue to brown phase does seem a little excessive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad has brown eyes. My mum has blue eyes. I now have green eyes.
    Your eye's changed colour but not as drastically as mine did.
    My mum has hazel eyes and my dad has grey eyes. So I have a combination of both of those. (I have yellow flicks in my eyes)

Maybe when you were a kid you suffered from a trauma and it messed up your eye colour? Or maybe if you had a grey or hazel eyed parent, your change of eye colour might not have been as dramatic, but still would've changed.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freier._.lance)
    I think most peoples eye colours change throughout their life, but not by much, I think most people don;t notice it. Hair and skin colour change aswell. Your blue to brown phase does seem a little excessive.
    Yes very excessive.

My eye colour has changed drastically, however skin and hair hasn't.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutedmirth)
    My mum has hazel eyes and my dad has grey eyes. So I have a combination of both of those. (I have yellow flicks in my eyes)

Maybe when you were a kid you suffered from a trauma and it messed up your eye colour? Or maybe if you had a grey or hazel eyed parent, your change of eye colour might not have been as dramatic, but still would've changed.
    Ah, cool xD
    No, I never suffered from any trauma, my life was completely normal.
    The weird thing is that my eye colour changed two times, when I was 6 AND 9
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got sectoral heterochromia, my eyes are predominantly blue with a little patch of brown in my left one.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I've got sectoral heterochromia, my eyes are predominantly blue with a little patch of brown in my left one.
    Interesting xD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have heard of this happening before. There have been similar cases where people's hair colour and texture has changed or skin colour due to hormonal changes. The change from brown to green eyes is not uncommon either, but it usually takes about forty years!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 9, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.