Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Major AS Level Economics stress.. HELP.

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i have my first economics exam(EC1) on may 18th and i have to say, i feel like I've started revision far too late.

I don't know how to revise for this subject, there's so much information. I can't make flashcards because i end up squeezing so much information onto them, i may as well be working with A3 sheets.. It's ridiculous.

I can't grasp any of the information and I'm actually getting so stressed out and worried because my revision is so ineffective because i have too much to focus on..

HELP??
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I make big revision posters of each topic and stick them on my wall to learn from... Past papers always help too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLARA_)
    I make big revision posters of each topic and stick them on my wall to learn from... Past papers always help too
    I just feel like making large posters with lots of information will take so long and i don't have that much time left. I would have to make so many too because there is so much content to learn. I still don't actually understand a lot of the stuff i'm revising and i don't have that much time to re-learn them.. Pass papers are a given though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade456)
    I just feel like making large posters with lots of information will take so long and i don't have that much time left. I would have to make so many too because there is so much content to learn. I still don't actually understand a lot of the stuff i'm revising and i don't have that much time to re-learn them.. Pass papers are a given though.
    Oh, okay then... do you not have a teacher to go to for help?

If you're doing AQA Econ 1, there's lots and lots of definitions to learn anyway, so I would have thought flashcards would be the only way!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh, okay then... do you not have a teacher to go to for help?

If you're doing AQA Econ 1, there's lots and lots of definitions to learn anyway, so I would have thought flashcards would be the only way!
    I do, but the teacher is completely rubbish and waffles on.. There are lot's of definitions but also lots of concepts which seems like so much information. :/
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jade456)
    I do, but the teacher is completely rubbish and waffles on.. There are lot's of definitions but also lots of concepts which seems like so much information. :/
    Maybe a textbook and a revision guide will help? Good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a textbook and a revision guide will help? Good luck!
    I'll just have to really put the hours in. Thank you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just go through your text book and notes and then fill in any knowledge gaps by practicing with past papers.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.