Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How come mosques are overflowing on Fridays but churches are empty on Sundays?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shows that Islam is the one and only true religion and true way of life while christianity is corrupt.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    No-one, just showing you I'm no geek son
    You look like one in the pic
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because when people are in a minority, they are more likely to want to band together and assert their cultural differences... people take the Church of England for granted as it is the default religion of the country.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just think it's because, in regards to the UK, where we live in a multi cultural society, that it is only to be expected to see scenes like this. Christianity is still important to many British people, but I personally feel, even though its been around for centuries, that Islam is a growing religion. I am all for the multiculturalism as I am very interested in getting to know about other people's religions and cultures.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because most of Britain has moved on - during the Dark Ages, churches would have been as full as mosques are today. Islam is still practiced as if we were still in the dark ages.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    You look like one in the pic
    Yeah.. or not :rolleyes: Know when you're beaten son
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkeevin)
    You also need to understand many churches also experience huge demand especially those catering for the immigrant populations which usually have 2-4 full capacity Sunday services. There is usually just one single prayer session(Friday midday) that overflows. I don't know if there are any mosques that hold several Friday midday prayers but many churches do. So we are not comparing like with like. Probabibility is the figure of muslims (including ethnic muslims) always attending the mosque every Friday will be less than half especially among the youth and employed.
    In school holiday time etc, the majority in the mosque is the youth by far.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Because most of Britain has moved on - during the Dark Ages, churches would have been as full as mosques are today. Islam is still practiced as if we were still in the dark ages.
    Look back about 1000 years ago and see how the muslims were flourishing. Yet now they barely follow their faith and their countries are run by hypocrites.
    The west in my opinion is started to fall slowly, I make my judgement from the majority of the youth I saw in school, secondary school etc...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Study)
    In school holiday time etc, the majority in the mosque is the youth by far.
    Yes you are right. The thing is you will witness the very same phenomenon in African christian evangelical churches since they just like the muslim communities tend to have more children than your average Brit and will instill their religious values to their children. There are more young people than adults and many more adults have to go to work on Fridays hence won't attend the mosque. It happens in other communities too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Yeah.. or not :rolleyes: Know when you're beaten son
    Are you trying to say you don't look like a geek in the pic? You must be blind lool
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    Are you trying to say you don't look like a geek in the pic? You must be blind lool
    Don't see anyone else claiming so.. :rolleyes: More James Bond than geek tbh :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you visit London, specifically South London, you will be amazed at how busy the roads are due to church services.

It must be noted that the church services are predominately run by Black Africans.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkeevin)
    Yes you are right. The thing is you will witness the very same phenomenon in African christian evangelical churches since they just like the muslim communities tend to have more children than your average Brit and will instill their religious values to their children. There are more young people than adults and many more adults have to go to work on Fridays hence won't attend the mosque. It happens in other communities too.
    Out of my year group (Year 12), 2 People go to church on sundays, Majority of the muslim boys go to mosque on Fridays in the holidays.
    Western Christianity is failed, african christians and eastern christians are the ones who for the majority take their faith seriously.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 18, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.