The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The Yin and Yang, of THAT FOODIE THANG!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
YIN: The chocolatey ones provide a pretty good treaty breakfast. And the fruit ones aint so bad neither! :smile:

YANG: Running out of the corner, and having too much yoghurt left over; s'not so good by itself!

YIN AND YANG OF: Almonds
Reply 21
Original post by dani_1991
YIN: The chocolatey ones provide a pretty good treaty breakfast. And the fruit ones aint so bad neither! :smile:

YANG: Running out of the corner, and having too much yoghurt left over; s'not so good by itself!

YIN AND YANG OF: Almonds

Yin: Almond flavour is fantastic :drool:

Yang: When you're making marzipan, and you have to blend ground almonds and other stuff with a hand blender... and you cover yourself and your kitchen with sugar and almond dust :frown:

YIN AND YANG OF: Rice pudding!
(edited 12 years ago)
Yin~ You can adapt to your tastes so easily!; jam, berries, treacle, honey, cocoa, nuts etc :3

Yang~ It's really a Winter-y dish, and feels a bit heavy in Summer.

Yin & yang of....Quiche :h:
Reply 23
YIN: If you squint really hard, you can pretend you're eating a Macaroni Pie/Deep Dish Pizza.

YANG: Cold Quiche is what Satan eats when he's finished his Marmite sandwiches and Dr Pepper.

What's the Yin and Yang of:

FRIED RICE?
Reply 24
Yin: when ordering a Chinese takeaway, it's must have! Especially a nice egg fried rice, with the peas etc in.
Yang: they can over fry them, making it taste quite greasy. Also plain rice can be quite dull on it's lonesome!

Yin and yang of M&Ms!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Yin: when ordering a Chinese takeaway, it's must have! Especially a nice egg fried rice, with the peas etc in.
Yang: they can over fry them, making it taste quite greasy. Also plain rice can be quite dull on it's lonesome!

Yin and yang of M&Ms!

Yin: They're made of chocolate.

Yang: Some of them are also made of peanuts.

Yin and yang of...
Butternut squash!
Ooh I love buternut squash!

The yin~ it tastes lovely roastes, mashed or steamed :3

The yang.... It be a hard shape to peel :frown:

Find me la yin & yang of....

A blueberry muffin.
Reply 27
Yin: one of your 5 a day. I joke! Na the hard top and soft middle compliment each other so well, and blueberry flavour adds a pleasant lightness you don't get with chocolate ones.

Yang: they are invariably very expensive from coffee shops! Also, sometimes you can't beat a chocolate muffin as a treat. Though blueberry is probably better suited for breakfast.

Yin and yang of Rocky Road Traybake
Yin: one of your 5 a day. I joke! Na the hard top and soft middle compliment each other so well, and blueberry flavour adds a pleasant lightness you don't get with chocolate ones.

Yang: they are invariably very expensive from coffee shops! Also, sometimes you can't beat a chocolate muffin as a treat. Though blueberry is probably better suited for breakfast.

Yin and yang of Rocky Road Traybake

YIN: It tastes so damn good. And you don't have to worry about neatness and presentation, the "homemade" look just adds to it's authenticity!

YANG: Making it in a whole tray batch makes it hard to not over-eat it...

YIN and YANG of..pepperoni pizza
Reply 29
YIN: Tastes freaking awesome. Also, by ordering a pizza with greasy meat, you get ten instant MAN POINTS.

YANG: Pepperoni creates little concave discs of PURE OILY FAT upon your pizza, like bird baths of molten lard atop a garden of cheese.

YIN AND YANG OF: BIG MAC!!
YIN: the sense of adventure, just the name "Big Mac" feels like I'm conquering something by taking it on. Eat this and you'll be a big MAC-DADDY. And I love the smell of McDonalds foods.

YANG: Now that I'm older (and well, bigger) it doesn't seem all that impressive. And it doesn't fill you up for as long as it should or a different protein would.

YIN and YANG of turkey BREASTS?
Reply 31
YIN: Turkey, when cooked correctly, can be more flavoursome than chicken; there's nothing more blissful than a leftover turkey and stuffing sandwich (kudos if you have a ROSS GELLAR MOISTMAKER)... and it's a very very lean meat (sans stuffing and aforementioned moistmaker of course).

YANG: If overcooked, Turkey is the Sahara Desert of meats. It also has a bad rap for being a nightmare to cook properly; people forget that they often ONLY buy Turkey at Christmas; the day when you have a MILLION other things to contend with (and thus neglect the beast more than they think).

What's the YIN AND YANG OF: GALAXY MINSTRELS?
Reply 32
Yin: if you have the patience to hold them in your mouth without crunching, you reap the choc-heaven rewards. The melty middle is like God giving you a pre-heaven taster. Plus it's galaxy chocolate, and let's face it, ain't nothing wrong with that :biggrin:

Yang: those 'sharing' bags are pretty damn small! You'll be in the cinema happily munching through and then; boom. You feel the cold unforgiving touch of plastic on your fingers. They are all gone. Here comes the guilt pangs. I refuse to read the nutritional value of what I have just happily consumed.

Yin and yang of: Chewitts!
(edited 12 years ago)
:3

Yin: They get me through some lectures, I like have a variety of chewy flavours to select from.

Yang: I don't actually like all said flavours, and they aren't chewy enough :frown:

Find me the Yin and yang of....
Reply 34
Yin: they're just so fun to eat! And I prefer them so much more to sweetcorn from a tin :smile:
Yang: if you dont make em right, they can be too hard. And they are a pretty boring/standard veggie choice.

Yin and yang of tinned drinks.
Yin: they're just so fun to eat! And I prefer them so much more to sweetcorn from a tin :smile:
Yang: if you dont make em right, they can be too hard. And they are a pretty boring/standard veggie choice.

Yin and yang of tinned drinks.

Yin: For some reason, I like drinking from the tin. It's easy for out and about.

Yang: Once you open to can, you're committed to finishing the drink. Cant screw the lid back on to save for later. Now or never baby!

yin and yang of...cottage cheese
Reply 36
YIN: It's tasty and healthy, and usually paired with cool diverse things like chives or red peppers. Flexible enough to be used as a filling, topping or eaten alone!

YANG: The sheer amount of minging liquid you have to tip away from it. It also looks a weeee bit like maggots. Finally, the flexible nature of it has lead people to believe pineapple was a good pairing for it and as such, you can buy this in a tub. THIS IS EVIL.

YIN AND YANG OF: MCNUGGETS!
yin - the sweet and sour sauce you can dip them in
yang - the nasty dry chicken in the middle

yin and yang of sticky toffee pudding?
Original post by *custardcream
yin - the sweet and sour sauce you can dip them in
yang - the nasty dry chicken in the middle

yin and yang of sticky toffee pudding?

Ying - It's so spongy and sweet. Tastes amazing with ice cream. The perfect dessert.
Yang - Restaurants are really mean with their sticky toffee sauce. There's never enough.

Ying and yang of.... those Cadbury's flake yoghurt pots.
(edited 12 years ago)
yin - the delicious creaminess!
yang - the size is titchy. and then you look at the calories for said tiddly pot

yin and yang of onion rings?

Quick Reply

Latest