The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Anyone else still awaiting a reply from OB?

I am seeing people who keep posting that they have been given offers, I'm very jealous. :unimpressed:

Is anyone else still waiting on a reply via UCAS?
(Please tell me I'm not the only one. :eek: )

If so,
a) When did you send of your UCAS?
b) What course did you apply to do?

I sent off my UCAS just before Christmas and applied for Joint Honors: Human Bioscience and Anthropology.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thank god! im not the only one! yeah Im still waiting on an offer or rejection(an offer would bebest obv i want to put it down as my first choice! :tongue:)! Like you I sent mine before christmas! im getting really anxious! Someone I know has already gotten an offer from there so I dont know why they taking so long to reply to me. if they want to reject me they should just do it! hate waiting! Every morning I wake up and look on my phone to see if I have any emails from ucas or so. I applie for joint honour like you, but in Film studies and Spanish! :biggrin:

Anywaysm, good luck and if it all goes to plan ill see you at brookes someday! :biggrin:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
So it could be the joint honours that they are taking their time with. I wish they'd hurry up!!!
Not even four weeks left!!! :afraid:
Reply 3
Well actually it could well be because it's joint honourable actually. Thinking about it now, maybe both departments are tryin to work out/communicate an offer or so.
Reply 4
I applied for Anthropology at OB and like you I'm still waiting. I just thought it was because I'm a mature student (at the grand old age of 23!).

I called the uni last week and got told they hadn't made a decision yet....I sent my application in December!

Please let me know if you hear anything, it's the only one I'm waiting on!
Reply 5
Original post by Project AKO
I applied for Anthropology at OB and like you I'm still waiting. I just thought it was because I'm a mature student (at the grand old age of 23!).

I called the uni last week and got told they hadn't made a decision yet....I sent my application in December!

Please let me know if you hear anything, it's the only one I'm waiting on!

I will do.
I'm going to ring them next Monday. I'll just give them some spiel about needing to know where im going for my job, as i want to transfer it, and as this place is my firm i kinda need to know.

Just wish they'd make a decision soon. :please:

Deffo think they need more people working on the UCAS/admin for OB. :work:

Don't they realise how many people it is driving insane? :shock:
Reply 6
MAN! its really annoying! I mean, if they I just hope they reach a decision soon. I'm very impatient!! Maybe they use some kind of elimination process which might mean that were in the final stages?? I don't know any more I just keep thinking of different reasons as to why they're taking so long.
Reply 7
ME TOO!!! i sent off my application on 12th december for english and film studies and still no reply. not even an acknowledgment. i'm thinking about writing them a short email asking if there's been a problem or something! anyone think this would be rude? i heard back from everywhere else ages ago and OB is one i'm really interested in :frown:
Reply 8
I sent my application off on the 12th of October! No reply for Computer Science yet; all other offers have been received apart from this one. Really annoying D:
Reply 9
Original post by irosebud
ME TOO!!! i sent off my application on 12th december for english and film studies and still no reply. not even an acknowledgment. i'm thinking about writing them a short email asking if there's been a problem or something! anyone think this would be rude? i heard back from everywhere else ages ago and OB is one i'm really interested in :frown:

Damn... Have you not received a letter from them letting you know they have received you application? If not then defo call them man. well call them either way. I've been thinking about called them. I hope they still get back to us; I really want OB as my firm.

Original post by Torrent
I sent my application off on the 12th of October! No reply for Computer Science yet; all other offers have been received apart from this one. Really annoying D:

12th October? that's almost 2 months before I sent mine. This truly is annoying because I know a girl who's has been to an interview there and has received an offer already. I have accepted the fact that they will reject me or maybe not even give me an answer and that way UCAS will have to do it on their behalf. Still, I keep thinking... its been a while, if they really didn't want us wouldn't have they rejected us already. I did read in one thread that the administration office at OB was quite bad despite them being a pretty good uni!

Good luck to you all! :biggrin: let me know if they get back you or not.
Reply 10
I want to know why Universities are allowed to not give you a reply.

The time and effort each person has put into the UCAS form, the personal statement. And it's people's lives they're messing with, people's futures.

They owe us a bloody reply. :unimpressed:
Reply 11
Do you think i Should email them?

It's getting me crazy stressed out. :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by miggy93

12th October? that's almost 2 months before I sent mine. This truly is annoying because I know a girl who's has been to an interview there and has received an offer already. I have accepted the fact that they will reject me or maybe not even give me an answer and that way UCAS will have to do it on their behalf. Still, I keep thinking... its been a while, if they really didn't want us wouldn't have they rejected us already. I did read in one thread that the administration office at OB was quite bad despite them being a pretty good uni!

Good luck to you all! :biggrin: let me know if they get back you or not.

Indeed. Thing is I really like the look of OB, even if it is my insurance choice. I just wanna select offers, apply for finance and accommodation for my firm as soon as possible. ._.

Original post by CrazyPerson
I want to know why Universities are allowed to not give you a reply.

The time and effort each person has put into the UCAS form, the personal statement. And it's people's lives they're messing with, people's futures.

They owe us a bloody reply. :unimpressed:

Haha you sound like my mother; she says the exact same thing whenever I mention the issue. :tongue:
Reply 13
Haha it is true though. We have put lots of effort into our applucation just so we can impress them. Well i did but im pretty sure im not just speaking for myself here! I knos there are thousands of applicants so the least they owe us is a reply regardless of what they decide! Which is why im calling on monday! All i am asking for is a decision not even to be accepted(though its would be awesome if i did!)!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by miggy93
Haha it is true though. We have put lots of effort into our applucation just so we can impress them. Well i did but im pretty sure im not just speaking for myself here! I knos there are thousands of applicants so the least they owe us is a reply regardless of what they decide! Which is why im calling on monday! All i am asking for is a decision not even to be accepted(though its would be awesome if i did!)!!!!

Looks like they'll be busy on the phonelines on Monday :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by Torrent
Looks like they'll be busy on the phonelines on Monday :wink:

Indeed it does. Stoopid University. Why is it being so horrible to us!! WE JUST WANT TO GO THERE!!!!

:dong:
Reply 16
Oh they will be busy! I find deeply disrespectful actually. I read on UCAS that unis should aim to give offers or rejections by the end of march but they may take longer. If it reaches a point where they are just not replying UCAS will reject the applicant on the uni's behalf! at first i though it was just me at first... but i see you guys and lots of other people on the "Oxford Brookes 2012" thread also in the same position. so its quite a lot of people. Obv were not half of the population but this is peoples lives and emotions they playing with. some people are actually really affected by this!
Reply 17
No sign of any reply from OB. I'll talk to the head of my sixth form later today regarding ringing them up.

Not impressed! :unimpressed:
Organisation and Admin, one of Brookes' strong points :rolleyes:
Reply 19
i sent them an email last week asking if there was an issue receiving my application - they didn't email back but now i have an offer from them!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending