The Student Room Group

Weird B1 & P1 Results?

Scroll to see replies

There are the Jan12 exams, the specimen papers, and the "old" past papers.

You just looking for biology? I put together a bunch of packs of past papers by topic for C1 and P1.
Reply 21
Hey don't forget all of your grades are converted into ums and if the exam paper was easy they might have put the grade boundaries up so that's why you might have obtained that grade.
Also is it the new spec

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Hey I m guessing your in year 10, but basically I m in year 11 and I did edexcel triple science but was old 2006 spec. Anyway I can relate ... I was accelerated as was everyone in my year, we started our science Maths and English in year 9, so that's 6 major gcses 2years early. Relating to you , the old spec was made up of B1a,B1b,B2str,B2mc( all only 10%) and then two Iaa practically assessment again 10%. This ends with 30% final terminal paper. Same for chemistry and physics , basically I took 7of these exams across bio,Chem, phys and I got mixed results I got 2a* 3as and 2bs, which we were all happy about however we then learnt that yes these we're great for year 9 but that those low As and bs lower chances of of a* when you add all UMS up. Which is need for medicine

To sum this all up I had to retake a few I believe 2/3 in year ten and I worked really hard for the next ones and only dropped 6% across the board this isn't cause i m a genius or have a lucky memory. I ve learnt gcses are all about playing the system , chose wisely about when considering resits, don't trust your teachers do the Maths and make sure you understand your situation. Moral is that when it came to the terminal paper I had to get a high A to get a* overall unlike majority people I knew who could only drop 6UMS, so basically I haven't got my results sat exam last month but my advice to you is just remembers the units get harder so doing bad in the 1st doesn't mean you ll do worse in the next more the opposite think of it as the more you learn the easier the begin unit becomes so maybe tactically pick when you resit.... As after learning new unit if you put the hard grit in when it's need I mean few hours a week from 3week from exam and then 8hours across weekend before ... It's not a lot of revision.

Anyway I m rambling but you remind me of yourself ... I too wanted and still do want to become a dr but seriously don't give just take the experience, and best revision tip is to write everything you need to know one both sides of a piece of paper and that should be it and use book to creat it and then that's your master sheet. Use it too get tested by someone me I use my mum she has no clue what an electron is or what a lipase enzyme but she werid and enjoys learning these specific things for a week and it's good to do it with her and it so much better as she tells me to have brakes and also saying it out loud increases memory of it.

LEARN THE SYSTEM!
Understand how much your exam is worth, how many retakes and when they are available.
Create master sheet and most importantly
Practice ... Past papers !!!!

Hope this helps feel free to private mail me and good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending