The Student Room Group

Student 'cooked live hamster to death in frying pan'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sabre2th1
What is really worrying is how a thread like this gets many replies with members expressing their disgust but threads of human cannibalization get only a few responses of digust.

That's just because everyone agrees that cannibalism is wrong, whereas here there's a topic to debate.
Reply 61
What could the RSPCA possibly do to the student. Put him in a hamster wheel?
Reply 62
what do you expect of a student with no food/money? His flatmates should count themselves lucky he didn't try to cook them instead
Well he sounds like a nice well balanced person
This makes the "I hate my housemates" thread look very tame after all...
Ouch that must have been horrifically painful, in fact it probably would have gone into shock and died much faster then the actual burning process.

I..have a solution.

The guy must understand it's not a laughing matter....thus he must have hand pressed onto hot frying pan for a few seconds to leave a bad burn but leave the hand usable in the long term. Alternatively if you want to take a step further, quick dunk of his hand in a deep fat fryer...mmm..smells like fried just deserts..
Reply 66
Poor hamster :frown: that guy must be seriously deranged to do that
Original post by .eXe
So are you an ardent hedonist or did you only make this point to go against me?

Also, of course it matters what the method is. I am pretty confident that slaughterhouses don't make the animals suffer for a long time before killing them because that would have a detrimental effect on the meat. This is why I am okay with eating meat. What you are suggesting is, doesn't matter how the meat came to be, as long as you are a meat eater, you should give a ****.

That is a wrong argument because you can be a carnivore and care at the same time. I dont want animals to unnecessarily suffer to provide meat, but that doesn't mean that I will give up meat. Hell no. As long as it is done humanely I have no issue with it.

See...the method does matter.

Yet happily consume dairy products? And you eat fish?

That said, he should be flogged.
Original post by NDGAARONDI

That said, he should be flogged.

Ooh I like..

cat o' nine tails with metal hooks on the ends which have been heated on a fire?

...Seems me feeling a bit rotten with this sore throat and headache and such brings out the dark side...:s-smilie:
Reply 69
rumour had it that a guy in my economics class but his hamster in a microwave...
my school was strange..
Disgusting bastard. I'd love to grab his hand and cook it in a frying pan.

Edit:

Original post by joey11223
Ouch that must have been horrifically painful, in fact it probably would have gone into shock and died much faster then the actual burning process.

I..have a solution.

The guy must understand it's not a laughing matter....thus he must have hand pressed onto hot frying pan for a few seconds to leave a bad burn but leave the hand usable in the long term. Alternatively if you want to take a step further, quick dunk of his hand in a deep fat fryer...mmm..smells like fried just deserts..

As you can see those were my thoughts exactly. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by saggy8
what do you expect of a student with no food/money? His flatmates should count themselves lucky he didn't try to cook them instead

That bit made me laugh! :colondollar:
Original post by joey11223
Ooh I like..

cat o' nine tails with metal hooks on the ends which have been heated on a fire?

...Seems me feeling a bit rotten with this sore throat and headache and such brings out the dark side...:s-smilie:

No idea. The problem with pet abuse such as this is that it's not quite the same as destroying someone else's PS3 or Xbox. So viewing pets as personal property, as the law does though I do not personally, is problematic.
if it was a live fish no one would bat an eyelid. happens to lobsters all the time.

cute hamster --> outrage.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Nah, it's extreme but I don't see any problems with the comparison. How does it reflect badly on the sadist? As long as his only getting pleasure from killing of animals, I don't see the problem. If someone got pleasure from killing plants, you wouldn't complain and say that it should be banned for potential harm would you? Liberty vs security as well. Many probably get enjoyment from killing insects yet it isn't banned.

difference between oblique and direct intention? the intention with meat is not to inflict suffering, it is only a side effect of your goal, you want the meat itself.

Intention with animal sadism is to inflict the pain on the animal. Like I said the argument against mistreatment of animals is a tricky one if you don't accept animal rights (which I don't).

maybe just on the basis of moral outrage then? although its a rarer crime obscenity does still exist? Base it on that?
Original post by Sharri5
typical british behavior :colonhash:

Yet Americans shoot each other senseless. :colonhash:
Original post by thunder_chunky
What a terrible comparison. Cats do it because it's second nature to them. They feel they have to because it's what they do by instinct and what they have done for hundreds or even thousands of years.
What this guy did wasn't because of second nature or instinct, it was because he's a prick.

There's a difference.

My thoughts precisely. Humans should kno better than cause animals unnecessary pain, even if they intend to eat it.
Original post by LiveFastDieYoung
difference between oblique and direct intention? the intention with meat is not to inflict suffering, it is only a side effect of your goal, you want the meat itself.

Intention with animal sadism is to inflict the pain on the animal. Like I said the argument against mistreatment of animals is a tricky one if you don't accept animal rights (which I don't).

maybe just on the basis of moral outrage then? although its a rarer crime obscenity does still exist? Base it on that?

Yeah but both intentions are for pleasure/enjoyment. Why does it matter that his gets off on seeing pain inflicted vs us getting off enjoying our meat? We're both enjoying it. I don't think intention is a good reason to ban an action.
Too much of this I reckon:

http://joecartoon.org/?p=72

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending