The Student Room Group

How internet has helped you in education?

This poll is closed

do you think book or internet is good in education?

books 22%
internet 44%
both 33%
don`t know0%
Total votes: 9
meaning in every subject
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's made research easily in many ways. You can't always trust what you find but the quantity is vast. It's been helpful for finding sources e.g. in history I can try to find books for sources in my coursework. It's also good for examples e.g. using situations to show application in sociology.
Reply 2
Its also helped the methods in which work is handed in and evaluated by using learning platforms such as Fronter. This enables tutors to give effective feedback that the student can take into consideration and improve their work on.
It's thoroughly distracting and is ruining my A-Levels :P
Reply 4
Original post by jaspreet
meaning in every subject

Yes, it helps with my studies. During GCSEs, A-levels and at university, it helped me extremely.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
It's made procrastination easier :smile:

Wait...:sad:
Reply 6
Original post by t//
Yes, it helps with my studies. During GCSEs, A-levels and at university, it helped me extremely.

do you think internet has effected in good or bad way in education?
Reply 7
To coin a phrase I can't remember where from: Facebook will ruin my degree, Wikipedia will save it.
Through the internet I can use Amazon to buy textbooks? :confused:
It helped me tremendously with my homework and coursework. Don't know what I'd do without the Internet tbh. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by rachel.h
To coin a phrase I can't remember where from: Facebook will ruin my degree, Wikipedia will save it.

if there was no internet do you think it would effect education (good or bad way)?
Reply 11
do you think internet has effected in good or bad way in education?

Although it helps me a lot with my education but it distracts me alot at the same time aswell
Reply 12
do you internet has made education more easier and fun ?
Copy and pasting wikipedia.
Reply 14
do you think internet has made education more fun and easier?
Reply 15
http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Hello >90% average in integration course in first year.
Reply 16
do you think internet has made education more easier and fun ?
Original post by Manitude
http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Hello >90% average in integration course in first year.

*saves as favourite* :biggrin:
Reply 18
Yes, definately! There are so many ways you can study. You can watch educational videos and reads books and articles online. It just makes everything a lot easier :smile:
do you think internet has made education more fun and easier?

I suppose it is easier - especially for the more basic 'define' homeworks we get - but there is something rewarding about hunting down a fact after trawling through several textbooks and encyclopedias!
I'm only in Y11 though so whether books or the Web will be more useful in the future... :iiam:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending