Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deloitte, which sub-group will offer shortest working hours

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been offered a place with Deloitte, and have been asked to select a sub group within corporate audit. Does anyone know which of the sub groups has the shortest working hours?

Thanks,
    Smallfeet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfeet)
    Hi,

I have been offered a place with Deloitte, and have been asked to select a sub group within corporate audit. Does anyone know which of the sub groups has the shortest working hours?

Thanks,
    Smallfeet
    Well, which one do you like the look of? Would you prefer to be put into a FS group or not?

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. You shouldn't base which group you go into on working hours, you should find one that you are interested in.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. That's not a promising attitude..!

Pick the one you are most interested in (and which helps you to get to where you want to be - e.g. if you want to go into IB, look at banking & capital markets) and sod the working hours. This is your career after all!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    FS is the worst in terms of hours.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies. I wont go for financial services audit, as I am not interested in it. I want to go for corporate audit, but the sub groups from within corporate audit that we have to choose are corporate business, energy and research, technology media and communications, and infrastructure services and real estate. Any ideas which of those would have shortest hours?

Thanks,
    Smallfeet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfeet)
    Thanks for your replies. I wont go for financial services audit, as I am not interested in it. I want to go for corporate audit, but the sub groups from within corporate audit that we have to choose are corporate business, energy and research, technology media and communications, and infrastructure services and real estate. Any ideas which of those would have shortest hours?

Thanks,
    Smallfeet
    I'd say just go for the one you are most interested in. Hours will probably be fairly similar between them, and depend on your individual clients. All may involve strange working hours if you need to contact parts of the business in other countries, eg upstream oil supply in the Gulf of Mexico.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 16, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.