Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA BIOL2 ~ 21 May 2012 ~ AS Biology

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey thought I'd make a thread for the MAY 2012 AQA BIOLOGY UNIT 2 (BIOL2) exam in a couple of months.
    Feel free to share notes/tips/materials/questions and thoughts on the exam.

DATE OF EXAM: 21 May 2012 - 1hr 45 mins - PM

DAYS TO EXAM: 19
    (May be out of date upto ~ 1 week)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow thats early! have you started revising? at our school we've only done mitosis, dna replication and gas exchange! so stressed!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking this :P Haven't looked over the stuff since last summer ^^ One question - do we need to know anything from Unit 1 to help us answer any of the questions? Sorry I haven't looked over this for a while and really can't remember xD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eawilliams)
    Already? , I think 'll start revising too, I'm also doing unit 1 in may!( for the first time)
    Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wasia)
    anyone know any good revision methods??? This probably sounds stupid but i actually dont know hw to revise :/
    Get a revision guide Do practice questions and exam papers. Mind maps...writing notes again on flash cards..
    That's how I revise anyway
    Also - little and often. Don't try and do it all in one go, my attention span is about 1-2 hours then I lose focus So go off and do something such as have a cup of tea/coffee then come back to it

I'm more of a visual learner too, so I learn a lot from diagrams as find I can remember them easier. Also bullet points are more helpful than a chunk of a paragraph
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an A2 student who might be resitting this... better start rewriting notes and doing past papers!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    A2 student retaking this, along with AQA CHEM2.

So I have BIOL2, BIOL5, CHEM2, CHEM5 to revise for.

FML.
    Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pogiberto)
    Cheer up, Im in the same boat as yu. Biol2, Biol 4 and Biol 5 along with CHEM4 and CHEM5
    Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupcakeFaerie)
    Sorry, but how can you be doing Unit 1 for the first time?
    Not all schools do it in January.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ouch - I really wanted to retake CHEM4, but my 2 chem teachers + the head of dept. said it'd be easier to harvest the UMS from CHEM2 :rant:

Now there's practically no chance of my getting an A* in CHEM (I need 174/180 UMS from CHEM5 and CHEM6 to meet the 270/300 requirement)
    How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    How hard is CHEM 4 anyway? CHEM 5 isnt that bad, I did that in Jan, but I flunked and got a B. Whoever is writing these exams cant ask straight questions lol
    Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chem4's pretty simple, if you're good at Organic

Just a bit of tricky stuff with Acids + Bases, and 13C + 1H N.M.R. spectra.

What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I will be active on this thread! Got C3, C4, M1 (maths), Physics 2, Chemistry 2 and Bio 2 in May / June. Gonna be busy!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about Equlibria, and that Number of Moles stuff you have to work out? Can't get my head around it at the mo
    It's pretty simple - make sure to write out the number of moles intially, and at equilibrium for each of the compounds. That will be a life saver.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ah sick hopefully you guys can help me revise
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Retaking this from last summer to boost my UMS up.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 15, 2013
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.