The Student Room Group

**** off!!!!!1111111

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17308181

You kidding me? I had a risk of getting cancer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Another case of taking health risks too far. No-one gives a **** that if i drank coke 1000 times a day i might be at risk.
Reply 2
Original post by Tommyjw
Another case of taking health risks too far. No-one gives a **** that if i drank coke 1000 times a day i might be at risk.

Oh, was that how long it took before these changes were implemented?
Reply 3
Original post by Snagprophet
Oh, was that how long it took before these changes were implemented?

.. what?
Implemented...?

:rofl:
Reply 5
Original post by + polarity -
Implemented...?

:rofl:

Oh, so were they joking about changing the recipe then?

Edit: Yey, 3000 posts!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Hmm. Coke is desirable... Cancer is undesirable. This has given me much to think about.
Reply 7
everything can give you Cancer these days.

Might be worth the media reporting the hard work going into finding a cure for Cancer, rather than whether drinking a can of Coke everyday increases my risk of getting Cancer by 0.00000000001%...
Oh, so were they joking about changing the recipe then?

Tommy is highlighting the fact that you would have to drink 1000 cans of the current recipe (a day, presumably) to actually be at risk of getting cancer.

He is also suggesting that people would not give a ****, as I don't think it's possible to drink 1000 cans (in a day.)
Reply 9
Tommy is highlighting the fact that you would have to drink 1000 cans of the current recipe (a day, presumably) to actually be at risk of getting cancer.

He is also suggesting that people would not give a ****, as I don't think it's possible to drink 1000 cans (in a day.)

I figured from when he first mentioned it.
It was a russian firm who said Coke & Pepsi has a high proportion of cancer enducing chemicals in it. But coke & pepsi refused to let regulators release the results untill now and new government legislation in the U.S

But as people have said, other daily items contain these chemicals, although it is worrying nevertheless due to the fact every tom dick & harry gulps it down.
Reply 11
The chemical has been linked to cancer in mice and rats, according to one study, but there is no evidence that it poses a health risk to humans, said the American Beverage Association

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) claims a person would need to drink more than 1,000 cans of Coke or Pepsi a day to take in the same dose of the chemical that was given to the animals in the lab test.

In other words, keep on drinking.

Reply 12
Calm down OP and cool it with the childish melodramatics. And title your threads to show wtf you're posting about instead of just swearing and adding a bunch of numbers which I can only assume were supposed to exclamation marks, but in your unnecessary rage, your finger missed the shift.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
[video="youtube;SFACtHNVan4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFACtHNVan4[/video]
Reply 14
somehow I really doubt you've been drinking that much. for one, your teeth should be close to decomposing.
Reply 15
If that is in fact your bath..

a) I stand corrected
b) My god what in the world is wrong with you? What compels you to drink that awful beverage so much?
c) Do you have diabetes?
d) what is your BMI?

oh and edit: What is the status of your teeth :tongue:
Reply 16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17308181

You kidding me? I had a risk of getting cancer?

Sorry to break it to you but they haven't changed the carcinogenic ingredient yet but tbh you're getting far too worried over this - besides we've all drank coke so it's not like it's just you
They probably won't give you cancer, but that doesn't take away the fact you're buying from companies that kill their workers.
Reply 18

If you drank 1000 cans a day, I'm sure cancer would be low on your list of things that are likely to kill you. That's a lethal dose of water, let alone sugar, caffeine and all the other stuff that's in it.
Quite a few people are addicted to this stuff. You should try cutting down slowly- it can't honestly be doing you any favours in the long term. :sad:

Oh and I have a bridge, and absolutely hate the bloody thing. I dunno how you cope with them + food blockages etc etc etc /bridge rant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending