The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Summer School

Scroll to see replies

Oh my word... I really hope so :d
anyone know how to make a facebook group or something so we can all chat??
Reply 82
Original post by Katie.M.
im going too, see you all there :smile: was just wondering as it says on one of the forms that we're arriving at jfk airport d'you think we'll get a chance to look around new york? I hope so...

which forms this!?
Original post by Beckyyf
which forms this!?

I think it's the Parental Consent one attached to the email x
Reply 84
Original post by Jackolivershaw
I think it's the Parental Consent one attached to the email x

Aha found it! thankyou :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Katie.M.
im going too, see you all there :smile: was just wondering as it says on one of the forms that we're arriving at jfk airport d'you think we'll get a chance to look around new york? I hope so...

I saw this too, I really hope so! I think the website said we'd be looking round some other college campuses, so perhaps we'll visit Columbia/NYU...

Also, we should definitely make a Facebook group like cheese-lemming said!
I'm on the job making a facebook group! Will post the name of it asap! :biggrin: I've got to have the first member as a friend on facebook so i'm just waiting for someone to add me before i can create it :')
ooh and i read somewhere we will be "exploring american culture" so i hope it means having a good tour of new york! :biggrin:
Actually it'd be really helpful if someone could send me their full name so i can add them as a friend and then create the group? All i need is one member as a friend and then everyone else can join :') My name is Hannah Smith which is very common so you couldhave difficulty finding me which is why i'm suggesting it this way round haha xx
Created a facebook group! It's called 'US Sutton Trust Summer School' here's a link (fingers crossed it will work for you all!) http://www.facebook.com/groups/358736780851431/
Reply 89
My username is iainbarr95, add away...
Reply 90
Beaten to it...
Reply 91
Woo got in!
well we leave from Boston, so do you reckon we'll go to Harvard?
Reply 93
maybee! are we basically going out there to visit campuses and learn about the education system and what not? :biggrin:
I think so, fingers crossed...
As much I love Yale, I kinda wanna see a few more places if we can...
Reckon we'll go to them all or they'll be options of ones we can go to?
Original post by cheese-lemming
well we leave from Boston, so do you reckon we'll go to Harvard?

I really hope we do! But if we were going to then surely they would mention it somewhere as its quite a big deal.
Does anyone know much about applying to US universities because I really want to find out how and what grades/qualifications you need and if a levels are suitable but i have found nothing !

So yeah, any help would be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 97
I dont really know a lot but both GCSE's and A-Levels are important but so are the SAT's. Most people say you should aim for a 2100+ but it might be a bit higher for international students :frown:, but they say they dont really have a any minimums but I think the more exceptional one is the lower the SAT's score can be.
Check out the fullbright website it has loads of stuff on there :smile:
Original post by thegreenchildren
I really hope we do! But if we were going to then surely they would mention it somewhere as its quite a big deal.

maybe not if we're just visiting... i think going to yale in itself is a massive deal :biggrin: :biggrin:
and they didn't mention UCL?!!?
Original post by cheese-lemming
maybe not if we're just visiting... i think going to yale in itself is a massive deal :biggrin: :biggrin:
and they didn't mention UCL?!!?

Yes which I am looking forward to :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest