Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just found out I'm pregnant...

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014

(Original post by Vikki1805)
    Your biggest concern is whether or not you get your own place and what other benefits you will receive?
    Honestly? You would probably be doing this child a favour if you had an abortion. I don't see how people can be against abortions yet they will happily bring up a child when they're clearly not stable to, mentally or physically.
    It's the tax payers who will be paying for your mistake yet that doesn't bother you does it, love?
    I suggest you get off your bum, get a job, buy your own place with your own money and close your legs in the future, if you don't have the common sense to use contraception, or let me guess "the condom broke." :facepalm:
    Everyones makes mistakes and I get that, but to come on a student forum asking what benefits you can claim? You really think you're mature enough to take care of human life? For at least 18 years? To be responsible for another person?
    If you had come here requesting help, guidance or advice then perhaps people would have had a different reaction, but you've basically said...

"Hey guys, I've been silly and got myself pregnant and although I am not mentally, physically, nor financially stable, I'm going to bring this life into the world, oh and will you all pay for it? Cheers."

No, not at all, but I have covered most of the other things involved and these are the issues which I'm left with. Not my biggest concern by far, but obviously needs to be thought about.

Haha very nice of you to be slagging me off and be telling me to abort this baby over the internet without knowing anything about me. Nevermind I'm used to people and their useless opionions now.

Get off my bum? Yeah I'm doing a full time level 3 college course. I was planning on university but will now find a job when baby is a bit older. So don't keep assuming things eh

Close my legs? So 18 year olds are not allowed to have sex with their partner?? hahah you make me laugh girll.

& the condom broke? umm well actually, did I state anywhere in my origional post that I wasn't on a birth control?

Yes, I do I have a best friend who's mum had him at 14 years old, he's one of the best people I know, and his family is amazing DON'T JUDGE before you know anything you sillly, silly person.

Not mentally stable for it? Umm where the heck did I say that?

LMFAO.... talk about blow it out of proportion you twit, think you're the one who needs to grow up a tad.

(Original post by Becca-123)
    Hello

If you live in the UK the government website gives advice on benefits and such. This is the link http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...fits/index.htm

Contacting the babies father, if you havent already, would be a good idea to decide what you're both going to do in terms of raising your child. If he is your boyfriend/willing to be involved then he could attempt to help you out financially. If he does not want to be involved then you are entitled to child maintenance (proving he has a job).

I'm not here to judge you, my close friend had a baby at 17. Although the situation is unfortunate, your child is still going to be an amazing part of your life. However i will mention although some people seem to gain loads of money on benifits, for most people living off them is a stuggle.

If you need any more advice feel free to message

Thank you so much for this comment. Yeah me and the babys daddy are together so he is going to help out as much as possible... just thought I'd come on here for some advice, seeings I don't want to worry him too much by keep asking ... but think posting here was a mistake with soo many people judging haha. Nevermind.

Thankyou again x

(Original post by yothi5)
    Well then, this OP won't need benefits! But from her first post, it doesn't like she is prepared to use her breasts or wash soiled nappies though.
    WHAT ZEE ACTUAL #&*@ ???????!!!!

Since when did I state I would not wash a nappy or use my breasts?! Incase you didn't know, some woman can't... sometimes it might not just work for them, also pregnancy also causes sore nipples, some women find it too sore to breastfeed.

An alternative is both... forumula milk and breast milk.

GET A GRIP... you're getting things out of nowhere!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you so much for this comment. Yeah me and the babys daddy are together so he is going to help out as much as possible... just thought I'd come on here for some advice, seeings I don't want to worry him too much by keep asking ... but think posting here was a mistake with soo many people judging haha. Nevermind.

Thankyou again x
    No problem hun, hope things go well

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 3, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.