Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i buy this car

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

If the only way you could afford a BMW is by buying the cheapest one you could find, then you're just not BMW material.......please stick to your Corsa instead.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James1977)
    I'm aware of that but given the new wing, seemingly iffy shut lines, vague details about the car, too good to be true pricing and basic trim details missing that a reputable repairer would replace, on top of the declared Cat D, I'd hazard a guess that it is a bit more than just a 'stolen/recovered'.
    Well you're not going to get a minter at that price are you?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Well you're not going to get a minter at that price are you?
    Who is saying you would?

The OP, it seems, is after a car to drive. The car he has linked to looks to have been in a fairly substantial front end collision and has then had a poor quality re-jig and patch up. Would you honestly spend the asking price on this car if you wanted a runner considering it is a bit of a lemon?

You get what you pay for and at that price no one would expect (or is suggesting you'd get) a minter but a banana-shaped chassis on any car, especially a rear wheel drive car, is a no-no.

Feel free to continue trying to pick apart my comments.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'l get a lot more for that money if you accept the fact it will not have a BMW badge on it!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James1977)
    Who is saying you would?

The OP, it seems, is after a car to drive. The car he has linked to looks to have been in a fairly substantial front end collision and has then had a poor quality re-jig and patch up. Would you honestly spend the asking price on this car if you wanted a runner considering it is a bit of a lemon?

You get what you pay for and at that price no one would expect (or is suggesting you'd get) a minter but a banana-shaped chassis on any car, especially a rear wheel drive car, is a no-no.

Feel free to continue trying to pick apart my comments.
    Having never seen the car, you can't really comment on the shape of the chassis can you?
    Additionally, you don't know just what was involved in the repair, do you?

You have to take each car on it's own merrit.

If I wanted a 1 series and that's all the cash i'd got, i'd go and look at it. Having a poke round doesn't cost anything.

But what do I know? Im not an internet warrior, I just buy and sell cars for a living...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't get a 1 series for that money, you could get a better focus or even a 3 series for that money. That particular car actually looks pretty good value considering how low the milage is but I wouldn't touch it with different coloured pannels as it has clearly been in an accident and not repaired properly.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 12, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.