The Student Room Group

Iraqi "emo" teens stoned to death by "moral police"

From Al Arabiya:

Picture: (warning: graphic)

Spoiler

Iraqi activists sounded the bell over the killing of dozens of teenagers by religious police for having “emo” haircuts.

Activists told the Cairo-based al-Akhbar daily that at least 90 Iraqi teenagers with “emo” appearances have been stoned to death by the Moral Police in the country in the past month. The violent crackdown against “emo” Iraqi teenagers came after the Iraqi interior ministry declared them as “devil worshippers.”

“The ‘Emo phenomenon’ or devil worshiping is being probed by the Moral Police who have the approval to eliminate it as soon as possible since it’s detrimentally affecting the society and becoming a danger,” a statement by the Interior Ministry said.

“They wear strange, tight clothes that have pictures on them such as skulls and use stationery that are shaped as skulls. They also wear rings on their noses and tongues, and do other strange activities,” the statement added.

The statement said that Iraq’s Moral Police was granted approval by the Ministry of Education to enter Baghdad schools and pinpoint students with Western appearances.

The activists told the newspaper that a group of armed men dressed in civilian clothing led the teenagers to secluded areas a few days ago, stoned them to death, and then disposed their bodies in garbage dumpsters across the capital, Baghdad.

“First they throw concrete blocks at the boy’s arms, then at his legs, then the final blow is to his head, and if he is not dead by then, they start all over again,” one person who managed to escape told the daily.
The exact death toll remains unclear, but Hana al-Bayaty of Brussels Tribunal, an NGO dealing with Iraqi issues, said the current figure ranges “between 90 and 100.”

Activists said that leaflets were distributed in Baghdad warning teenagers from donning the “emo” style, and in some regions, teenage homosexuals were killed by battering their heads also by concrete blocks.

---------

Just how much influence does Iran have over the current Iraqi government? Curious.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Decent looking chap n'all.

R.I.P dude.

Edit: He doesn't even look emo..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Disgusting.

This isn't the bloody stone-ages.
How does he look emo? He could've ended up making Iraq cool again.
Reply 4
Source? As in actual link to source.
Reply 5
This is what are troops have died for, this is the future of Afghanistan. Stop wasting good lives trying to educate these third world medieval cave dwellers.

'
'
'
'
'

Which pathetic mod deleted my comment, you coward.

This behaviour is to be expected from Islam, and my comment was entirely valid pointing out the significance of religion in this matter.
(edited 12 years ago)
Absolutely digusting, nothing more to say really.
Reply 7
Well, according to the moral police force 50% of the people at my college are devil worshipers :sigh:.

OP, where is the link?
Reply 8
This is coming from an administration in Iraq that runs death squads. The massacre of "emos" is just the tip of the iceberg.
Reply 9
[INDENT]
Original post by Ilyas
Well, according to the moral police force 50% of the people at my college are devil worshipers :sigh:.

OP, where is the link?

Oops, forgot. I'll add it now.
Original post by thisisnew
Just how much influence does Iran have over the current Iraqi government? Curious.

Too much. Iran was such a nice country before the Islamic Revolution. And now Iraq is next.
This is disgusting, let's not even pretend it's about devil worshipping, they can't stand anyone who shows any, slight signs of westernization.

Such unnecessary death and suffering. :frown:
Original post by akash11
Islam is a backward and brutle thing, the faiths never ggoing to be moderated for the last 10 years the west has taken the wrong stagergy time to find a new way to keep the free world safe

I don't recall reading in the Quran that teenagers with 'emo' hairstyles should be stoned to death?
Reply 13
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Too much. Iran was such a nice country before the Islamic Revolution. And now Iraq is next.

Followed by Libya and likely now Syria.

We in the west love toppling secular society's to let Islamists take there place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
He doesn't look emo :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Emo? That is so 2006. Seriously, who the f is emo anymore?
I don't want to live in this world anymore.

What is there to say, really, it's just unbelievable...
Reply 17
thisisnew
Original post by akash11
Islam is a backward and brutle thing, the faiths never ggoing to be moderated for the last 10 years the west has taken the wrong stagergy time to find a new way to keep the free world safe

No its culture and society kiddy. Nothing to do with Islam. I'm pretty sure you cannot stone someone to death just because you do not like the way they dress. Besides, this is what happens when Americans destroy countries with their boorish uncivilised tactics. Iraq was the most developed country in the Middle East (with the exception of Israel) before the foreign armies massacred the civilian population and destabilised everything. Now the current government is exactly the same as the old one, with worse infrastructure, economy, and now barbaric social dogmas are being encouraged too. There were issues with Iraq before the war, but never to this extent. You can blame religion all you like, but the whole idea of "emos" being "devil worshippers" was started by Westerners anyway, so lets not comment on that.

EDIT: Downvoted by kids in denial. Come at me. Argue back, at the very least, cowards.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by EffieFlowers
This is disgusting, let's not even pretend it's about devil worshipping, they can't stand anyone who shows any, slight signs of westernization.

Such unnecessary death and suffering. :frown:

to be fair after what the west did to them i cant really blame them for being slightly peaved with them..
no justifying this or anything its abhorrant but just a point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending