The Student Room Group

Leeds or Notts???

Poll

Notts or Leeds for Chemeng?

Basically i dont know which one of them to put as my insurance and i haven't been to either and i'm reluctant to take the time and money to see them. Which is better for engineering and why? specifically chemical engineering. Leeds comes out top on international rankings, Notts on domestic. Are they similar in reputation and therefore just pick the one i fancy more? They're both great unis, i know even though i haven't visited either of them, but i know Notts is really green and beautiful which appeals to me.

Which should i go for in your opinion and why?
Reply 1
Original post by 4RealBlud
Basically i dont know which one of them to put as my insurance and i haven't been to either and i'm reluctant to take the time and money to see them. Which is better for engineering and why? specifically chemical engineering. Leeds comes out top on international rankings, Notts on domestic. Are they similar in reputation and therefore just pick the one i fancy more? They're both great unis, i know even though i haven't visited either of them, but i know Notts is really green and beautiful which appeals to me.

Which should i go for in your opinion and why?

Firstly, I'd suggest you visit them! They're both well respected institutes and I can't see how attending one over the other would give you any more benefit. Personally, I'd go for Leeds but that's only because I like the campus a lot and the city too.
Reply 2
Original post by HurricaneDominic
Firstly, I'd suggest you visit them! They're both well respected institutes and I can't see how attending one over the other would give you any more benefit. Personally, I'd go for Leeds but that's only because I like the campus a lot and the city too.

I missed their subject open days though. I'd have to take 2 whole days and a fair bit of money just to roam around a campus, without any access to facilities and the opportunity to talk to staff and students

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending