The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PonchoKid
year 7 - annoying as they just stop in the middle of the corridoors and paths.
year 8 - getting cocky because they arnt the newbies anymore.
year 9 - really cocky as its the last year before they start work.
year 10 - not got a great deal to do, but have the gcse cocky bug.
year 11 - get cocky as there top of lower school and are about to leave.
year 12 - cocky because they get much more responsibility.
year 13 - realise they have **** loads of work to do, and are about to leave the school nest, yet manage to own the entire school

thats how my school used to work anyway [=

HEY don't give sixth formers a bad rep, they're nowhere near as bad as you've descrbed them, maybe a abit of cockyness in the first few weeks of year 12 from wearing suits and looking 'pro' compared to the rest of the school, but after that period, everything's cool
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
8s or 9s. I voted 8s based on how awful they were as an audience to play music to.
7s are young and excitable. 11s are on their way out and are more mature so they just roll with it. 10s are getting there. 9s are pretty bad too.
Original post by keyboard-warrior
then from year 8 onwards, everyone tries to get their hands on the smallest bag possible

these were a frequent sight:

Ashamed to admit that I had one of those bags :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
year 8/9 s......
Original post by Ra Ra
Serious.

I never had any problem with any other year group bar Year 7's. I didn't mind them so much once they were older and had stopped throwing bottles at you/breaking teacher's phones/stealing from other students/etc. They were much better behaved when they were older.

(Not in Year Nine, though. That's another year group I despise :colonhash:)

that sort of stuff sounds like something year 8's-10's would do

I've always found year 7's to be the best-behaved (barring 6th formers) on buses.
OP - YES. I have a sister in year 8 and I have to deal with the cockiness at home as well as at school!!

This particular year, the year 8s seem to be unbearable. There is this one kid at my school who swaggers round acting like he owns the place. There are a group of chavvy girls who follow him everywhere too, simpering. It's vile to watch, and me and this kid have had standoffs in the canteen many times over him pushing into the line (I'm a prefect, my duty is to supervise it). Grr!
Original post by f1mad
Bullied by a year 7?

Swat that fly.

Yh an year 7 tried to defame be by telling teachers that I had punched him and pushed him. Its a long story but I think its sorted anyhow don't really care. the teachers known me longer and they know better to trust an sixth former who they know doesn't hurt as fly than to listen to an year 7 brat.
The year below, always the year below, sometimes the year above
year 12s :angry: that might just be at my school though...supernoodles...everywhere...
Year 9, for multiple reasons. Firstly, they seem pretty cocky anyway. Secondly, my brother is in Year 9 and whenever one of his friends sees me they go, "Jamie's sister! Oh my God it's Jamie's sister!"

That happens pretty much every day, as I have 8 of my 12 lessons in the science block and my brother's form is in the same bit.

I'd also say Year 12, and I'll admit my year was the same last year. New found independence and all that. Some of them are intolerably cocky. Sucks for them that they aren't allowed to go off school premises as they're not trusted :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Year 7 , always very small and wont move out of the way
Original post by Tahooper
The year group directly below mine :dry:

My immediate thought for years 7-11 was this.

I moved schools for Sixth Form and to be honest then one year group didn't stand out.
Reply 52
Year 7's are supposedly the most annoying year group, but that's only because they're small and have no idea what is generally going on. Can't really blame them.
I'd say Year 9's are the most annoying for me. The boys have a thing about pushing people in corridors and being generally immature. While, the girls seem to have some obsession with their appearance, wearing fake tan, hair extensions and loads of makeup. Plus, they just stand around in the toilets talking about useless stuff.
Reply 53
Everyone knows it's just automatically whichever year is below you at any given time :biggrin:
Well normally I would say the year 8's are the worst years as they think they're all grand and mighty considering they've just left the bottom year of the school, but the new year sevens now are probably the worst year group i have ever seen they go around starting fights with the senior prefect team, do drugs, drink alcohol etc. etc and just making fools out of themselves in general.
Reply 55
The year 9's piss me off so much (this year's year 10's). On Monday me and my friend were in the IT suite finishing our essay draft and suddenly a bunch of the year 10s come in for their lesson despite not even being scheduled there. They keep shouting and answering back to the teachers. When they get to year 11 they'll regret pissing about earlier - they were mostly chavs anyway.
Reply 56
YEAR 8 ARE F***** UP MAn
they made stupid fusses with a year 12 students man ..
they think they are like all that
Wait no. I clicked on Year 10 and it changed to Year 11?! Meh.

My school's Year 10 are utter...I can't even explain. Also, I dislike the Year 9s. Year 8s, 7s, 12s and 13s are fine :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by Miracle Day
Year 7. Trying to sit near the back of the bus with us -_-

And on Friday one had to. They were talking about their girlfriends and how many girls they'd kissed *Giggles*

Your year 7 group seem pretty tame.
I find the year 12s at my school really annoying, its the case every year. Every year the year 13s hate the year 12s because they think its a doss whilst the year 13s have figured out that its not. They also make lots of noise and mess in the sixthform study areas. I find the year 9s/10s annoying too

Latest

Trending

Trending