The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick offer letter.

I have received an offer letter saying the following:
"Further to your application to the MSc in Business Analytics & Consulting at Warwick Business School, I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks."

Anyone who have received the same?Any rough estimate for the likelihood to get accepted?

Scroll to see replies

This sounds as good as an offer to me.

I presume the department is not allowed to formally offer you a place because it needs approval from someone at a desk in University House first. But the department wouldn't have written to you if they didn't think this was going to happen.

I suspect the rubber stamping is a formality and that you'll receive a "formal" offer soon if you haven't already.

Odd that they'd be so unclear.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply MonteCristo.Two weeks have passed and I am still waiting anxiously for the formal offer.I really hope that it's only a bureaucratic issue and that the reason for sending this informal offer was just to declare their interest so you will not accept any other offers...
Reply 3
It is a completely bureaucratic issue - you will get the offer sooner or later.
Reply 4
I got the same a few days ago for Msc in Finance and Economics.
Trying to interpret it, if it is said " .....an admission recommendation....", then this would be that they just sent the decision, but as it says "......a recommendation.........for admission to the programme", plus the word "delighted", It sounds more like you are admitted by the department admission board and they are just meeting a bureaucratic path. Otherwise, this would be very sadistic on their side, especially by using the word "delighted".
I hope am right :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Econla
I got the same a few days ago for Msc in Finance and Economics.
Trying to interpret it, if it is said " .....an admission recommendation....", then this would be that they just sent the decision, but as it says "......a recommendation.........for admission to the programme", plus the word "delighted", It sounds more like you are admitted by the department admission board and they are just meeting a bureaucratic path. Otherwise, this would be very sadistic on their side, especially by using the word "delighted".
I hope am right :confused:

All we can do is just wait.I ll keep you informed as soon as I ll hear back from them.Btw the most sadistic part is that they even sent some accommondation info for postgraduate campus residencies...

Anyway,patience is a virtue... :wink:
Reply 6
Me too, I will let you know any update.
Let's pray.
Reply 7
I despised that letter... ambiguity is not something an applicant wishes to see on a letter that may play a pivotal role on how their life turns out... it does however mean that you got in! The academic professionals on the admissions board reviewed your application, liked it and have advised the admins to write up a formal offer with the conditions. Just a matter of waiting.
Reply 8
Thanks Student, I think so too. If not would be very absurd from its side to send a letter like that.
I agree with you that ambiguity in this kind of processes is something of bad taste to say the least.
Thanks for your comment.
Reply 9
Original post by Mafiozos
Btw the most sadistic part is that they even sent some accommondation info for postgraduate campus residencies...

I was rejected by LSE and then two days later they sent me information on how to apply for scholarships!
Reply 10
Original post by _Student_
I was rejected by LSE and then two days later they sent me information on how to apply for scholarships!

Pffff scumbags....Btw I saw on an other topic that you got an offer for MSc in Finance.What were the conditions that they sent to you??And where are you from?
Reply 11
Original post by Mafiozos
Pffff scumbags....Btw I saw on an other topic that you got an offer for MSc in Finance.What were the conditions that they sent to you??And where are you from?

Conditional on a 70% average for my undergraduate degree from a middle ranked university in the UK.
Reply 12
Original post by Econla
Me too, I will let you know any update.
Let's pray.

Today I received the official letter of admission to the Msc Fin and Econ in Warwick.
Reply 13
Original post by Econla
Today I received the official letter of admission to the Msc Fin and Econ in Warwick.

Congratz Econla!!!!I am still waiting for their response...can you tell me which day you received the informal letter?I received mine back on 8 of March and still no official letter yet...
Reply 14
Informal : March 20th
Formal: April 3rd

Relax, you will....I am very sure you will, it is just bureaucracy
Reply 15
Original post by Econla

:thumbsup:
Reply 16
Thanks _Student_ :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Econla
Thanks _Student_ :wink:

No worries. Are you accepting? What was your offer?
Reply 18
Conditional to english requirements, but I was already admitted to UCL's Msc in Economics, so I am heading to London :tongue:
Reply 19
Warwick strung me along for 7 weeks after my interview for medicine and 'lost' my application due to an admin error, so 7 weeks soo many phone calls and reassurances etc i was rejected... the joy! If you don't receive anything formal just keep emailing them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending