The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

The unbelievably shallow thread: SOAS social life

This thread is dedicated to all things unrelated to admissions. ie social life, nightlife, extracurricular clubs at SOAS... shud get more popular once all the admissions stuff is sorted out n ppl can start thinking bout any worries they have bout these things in relation to SOAS.

I was personally wondering how into partying ppl are at SOAS as i love to party .. also although I like indie/ rock I hav herd ppl at SOAS are all a bunch of hippies so I am concerned nobody will wanna go clubbing and will wana hang out in random indie rock clubs insted... not my idea of a fantastic night out personally.....
Reply 1
Freshers week is good (We had three weeks of it this year). After that, there are random events going on here and there, but since this is London, social life is whatever you make of it.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Socrates
...but since this is London, social life is whatever you make of it.

That's generally the impression I got as well, and seeing as we'll be part of the UoL we can probly join up with other stuff quite easily I hope.

On the line of clubs and societies, there's a list on the SOAS Student Union website, but only a few of the clubs/societies have any info at all about them - and when there is there's very little. I reckon they really need to overhall that site and get somebody working on it asap, it'll really help people who're thinking about this question, basically most of us once admissions etc are out the way.
Reply 3
:wink: clubbin' all the way!
i'm into scummy indie dives and rock clubs and live gigs.
i also love mashcore though - very heavy brutal noisey electronic music.
and drum n bass clubs.

last time i went to london i ended up at some fetish night, but that weren't my fault.

and remember realondoner - you can always go out with mates who aren't at soas! :P
Reply 5
what is freshers week like ? ive heard its quite a sober affair (not good!) at SOAS
are there many societies? i checked the website but its a bit of a disgrace :rolleyes: i'm into performing arts anyone know if theres much going in that respect? also how is the magazine organised? i hope there r more activities happening than there seem to be!
Reply 7
site is rubbish...

Socs are pretty active, events on all week

Latest

Trending

Trending