The Student Room Group

How can i improve my grades from U's to an A or a B?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SKPD11
First of all don't be disheartened. I got a U in a history module last year, worked hard this year and managed to improve to a B . Its not impossible, but yes you need to work really hard and try to make a revision timetable. As for Chemistry and Biology the key is always past papers and make sure you understand everything in the unit. Make sure you practice questions on things you find hard. And of course make sure you concentrate on your new units. I don't take maths but im sure you can go wrong with past exam questions. Good luck and work hard and im sure you will be able to better

Thank you :smile:
Reply 61
Kill the competition ... :colone:

Try different revision methods, I had disappointing marks in january so the summer is going to be busy. Some folks in my Biology class resat papers from last summer and went up from U's to B's/A's so it can be done. :smile:
Original post by olalala
Kill the competition ... :colone:

Try different revision methods, I had disappointing marks in january so the summer is going to be busy. Some folks in my Biology class resat papers from last summer and went up from U's to B's/A's so it can be done. :smile:

yeah i did too in chemistry, i went from an E to an A moved up by 60UMS maarks
Original post by Contrad!ction.

Just realised, we're maths debating :giggle:
You'll go blind.
Reply 64
Original post by carnationlilyrose
You'll go blind.

Hi how are u :wink: I wanted tomask u a question as you were an examiner I got a C for my unit 2 bio and was only 4 marks away from B it is OCR do u think the examiner could make mistakes? And as well for Chem thanks
Original post by otrivine
Hi how are u :wink: I wanted tomask u a question as you were an examiner I got a C for my unit 2 bio and was only 4 marks away from B it is OCR do u think the examiner could make mistakes? And as well for Chem thanks

I examined English for GCSE and for AQA, so biology is a mystery to me. Of course people do make mistakes, but it's less common in subjects where there's a definite answer, such as maths and other numerical subjects, such as some sciences. Arts subjects are open to interpretation. I suggest you have a word with your teacher and see if they think it's worth looking into.
Reply 66
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I examined English for GCSE and for AQA, so biology is a mystery to me. Of course people do make mistakes, but it's less common in subjects where there's a definite answer, such as maths and other numerical subjects, such as some sciences. Arts subjects are open to interpretation. I suggest you have a word with your teacher and see if they think it's worth looking into.

And As well during my exams I applied for special consideration cause my mother was not feeling well . Can I make an appeal for it as well?
Speaking mainly for science/maths here, but Actually learn and gain a full and explicit understanding of each topic, not plan your preparation on the basis of simply beating past papers, because I promise you, the exam will throw your plans into turmoil. Don't get too comfortable with past papers or overconfident. You need to be able to pull out knowledge and apply it to questions, and you need to be able to do it fast. Don't expect questions to simply ask for knowledge, exam questions will be testing how deep your understanding actually is.
Original post by otrivine
And As well during my exams I applied for special consideration cause my mother was not feeling well . Can I make an appeal for it as well?

Appeal for what? If you applied for special consideration and the grounds were accepted, you would have had it. If you applied and were not granted it, then you won't get it now. I think you need to focus on finding out what's going wrong with your exam technique, and that can only mean speaking to your teacher.
Revise, Duh.
Reply 70
Have you thought of getting any of your papers back. I'm doing this for F212, F214 and F324.
Reply 71
I went through the same tooo i guess i just over loaded myself with 12 units but i still got an E for chem n bio and a U for physics (i did ohysics aS n a2 together) any suggestions to which units i shud retake next may june ??

Quick Reply

Latest