Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Took weed last night...advice please (please read)

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oppro)
    I agree with you re heroine, meth, etc.

Coke, E, LSD I can see the attraction but it's so risky these days, always cut with someting nasty & you never quite know what you're getting, I wouldn't bother with it.

But I really don't see weed as a drug. I don't think people should do it all the time or drive on it or anything, but it's really nothing at all. In fact it's medicinal & does my 90 year old granny the world of good, it eases her pain, calms her down when she's scared, makes her eat when she usually doesn't at all, helps her sleep when again she doesn't usually... it really should be legalised at least for medicinal purposes if nothing else. I'm not a huge smoker, I've not had any in fact for about 4 years though I would quite happily partake if a friend lit up nearby, but I don't agree that it's something so terrible & fearful. But I'd quite agree that it just wouldn't agree with some people & they should avoid. Like the OP.
    Awwww your nan sounds cute :') for medical purposes, yes. but for pure enjoyement etc, why? I dont get it at all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manisha93)
    Awwww your nan sounds cute :') for medical purposes, yes. but for pure enjoyement etc, why? I dont get it at all.
    But you could say the same about alcohol. It doesn't taste great, it makes people do stupid and dangerous things, it's addictive, expensive, can cause dreadful health problems...

It's the buzz. With weed it just takes the edge off life. Same as having a drink after a really hard day or a cold lager on a hot day. I know recently I've been stressed to the eyeballs & I don't like drinking often & I have a child I need to stay sober & responsible for, but I have been thinking that if a friend visited now & lit up a joint I'd SO take a couple of drags, just to take the edge off. Then I probably wouldn't think of it again for another 4 years.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oppro)
    But you could say the same about alcohol. It doesn't taste great, it makes people do stupid and dangerous things, it's addictive, expensive, can cause dreadful health problems...

It's the buzz. With weed it just takes the edge off life. Same as having a drink after a really hard day or a cold lager on a hot day. I know recently I've been stressed to the eyeballs & I don't like drinking often & I have a child I need to stay sober & responsible for, but I have been thinking that if a friend visited now & lit up a joint I'd SO take a couple of drags, just to take the edge off. Then I probably wouldn't think of it again for another 4 years.
    Yeaa exactly, alcohol is the same but for some reason i dont see it as dangerous as drugs? Which is silly because alcohol probably is equally dangerous and if not worse but i think drugs are different. hmmm, ive never been in a situation like that so i wouldnt understand, i see why it happens even though it shouldnt :')
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm more worried that I still have symptoms and I smoked the joint 16 hours ago.
    I still feel paranoid and my head still feels fuzzy. I'm anxious too.
    I'm also more worried that I've now got schizophrenia / psychosis, that's whats bothering me!!!
    I'm pretty sure you have to smoke weed for a prolonged lengthy period of time in order to have schizophrenia triggered (and there's a TEENY chance of that!) I really think you should just stay inside for a few days, have a cup of tea and just pull yourself together. You have OCD, it is likely that you are really overthinking this and making it worse. (I have periods of time where I think I'm crazy for no reason and I'm convinced of it ). To have a proper schizo diagnosis you have to have prolonged symptoms for a month. So the doctors will say nothing, I bet they always hear this. I kind of know how you feel, just have to wait an very soon it'll be all forgotten about.

I'm also like you in finding mental illness fascinating and for the same reasons, I've also googled a lot of the effects of drugs so I guess I like you would probably be expecting some kind of reaction. And enter-the self fulfilling prophecy!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeaa exactly, alcohol is the same but for some reason i dont see it as dangerous as drugs? Which is silly because alcohol probably is equally dangerous and if not worse but i think drugs are different. hmmm, ive never been in a situation like that so i wouldnt understand, i see why it happens even though it shouldnt :')
    I think sometimes life just sucks & sometimes some people need something to just help them escape it now & then. None of the options are great, be it alcohol, drugs, medication...

Being a mum I think I'd be more worried if I found out my daughter had drank herself into a stupor than if she had a few drags on a joint, but really I'd hope she never does anything! Of course that won't happen but I at least hope she'll be sensible in anything she does & rings me even at 3am to come help her if it goes wrong!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    sorry i just had to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw&ob=av2e
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squaresquirrel)
    Weed can affect people this way - causing a brief psychosis like you describe on your walk home. However it doesn't seem to have triggered schizophrenia - In my personal opinion you are just being hyper vigilant because you are expecting something to happen, self fulfilling prophecy and all that. I would recommend you phone talk to frank though, just to put your mind at ease.

Agreed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oppro)
    I think sometimes life just sucks & sometimes some people need something to just help them escape it now & then. None of the options are great, be it alcohol, drugs, medication...

Being a mum I think I'd be more worried if I found out my daughter had drank herself into a stupor than if she had a few drags on a joint, but really I'd hope she never does anything! Of course that won't happen but I at least hope she'll be sensible in anything she does & rings me even at 3am to come help her if it goes wrong!
    awww, yea totally see why it happens, sad really but i suppose thats just life
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    your body doesnt like what you are smoking:/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solidsnake4121)
    sorry i just had to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw&ob=av2e
    Love that, had forgotten about it! And I now hold you personally responsible for my 5 year old singing it!!! As long as she gets it out her head by Monday morning it's fine but if she goes into school singing it I will be expecting Social Services to be knocking on my door Monday afternoon!!!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Yeah this always annoys me
    I only ever see it on TSR. I don't know anyone irl who would say they 'took' weed :laugh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    I really doubt that :laugh: I think OP's just so paranoid that weed's going to make him paranoid that he's become totally paranoid. If that makes any sense.
    I'm just kidding lol.

Talking about weed needles is a hilarious way to scare anti-weed people though. They really have no clue... believe anything

(Original post by SleepySheep)
    I only ever see it on TSR. I don't know anyone irl who would say they 'took' weed :laugh:
    My friend says it all the time. It'd make rage so much if I wasn't consistently baked around him.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    lol :rofl:

it wont be as bad next time... i had a very mixed experience the first time i did it (including agonising pain at one point)... but after that its allllll been good
    You're so uncool.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Weed can be a lot more than a medicine in a traditional way. It can totally change your life in a positive way. I used to be super shy (still am a bit, getting better >_>), pretty short-tempered and stressed about silly things. All of that has changed for the most part as well as so much other stuff. For a lot of people weed isn't really a 'party' drug... I like to toke with friends for fun but I smoke way more alone to enhance my life in general. Just makes me happy... I think that counts for medicinal purposes >_>

Also, people like to have fun...? You only live life once.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Bassman)
    Weed can be a lot more than a medicine in a traditional way. It can totally change your life in a positive way. I used to be super shy (still am a bit, getting better >_>), pretty short-tempered and stressed about silly things. All of that has changed for the most part as well as so much other stuff. For a lot of people weed isn't really a 'party' drug... I like to toke with friends for fun but I smoke way more alone to enhance my life in general. Just makes me happy... I think that counts for medicinal purposes >_>

Also, people like to have fun...? You only live life once.
    You also only have one life. Lol at how boring i sound but it really isnt worth it in my opinion. but im glad to hear it has helped you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no way one night of weed will cause permanent psychosis. You were drunk, taking an anti depressant and weed on top (which contains 66 different cannibinoids), creating a potentially powerful mystery brew of chemicals in your brain. Just be glad nothing more serious happened. Either way I highly doubt these feelings will carry on much longer than a few days.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You also only have one life. Lol at how boring i sound but it really isnt worth it in my opinion. but im glad to hear it has helped you
    That's a double edged sword though. If we only have 1 life shouldn't we try to experience everything & gain as much knowledge & experience in all we can & make the most of it, and also make it as happy & painless as possible along the way? But then as you say we only have 1 so maybe we should treat it with caution & not do things to screw it up & not take risks or mess with our health...

I think as a parent I'm glad I wasn't an angel by any stretch of the imagination in my yoof, as when my daughter grows up there's hardly a thing I won't have some experience & advice & understanding of & there's not much she will be afraid to talk to me about, and I can see a lot of her friends talking to me rather than their parents who have no idea about any of this stuff. Teenage pregnancy, drugs, sex, alcohol, boys, bullying, leave school early, go to uni, money, travel, tattoos, piercing, getting arrested, blue hair, blah blah... OK it wasn't much fun at times for me, but I think it's definitely made me more worldly wise & able to help others in me old age.

Theres a quote I love, life's not a journey to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved attractive body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand, fag in the other, body totally worn out & used up screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    See your GP if you're really worried, and don't do it again!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP is probably at A&E with some poor frustrated nurse thinking "why the hell am I dealing with this silly kid when there's a guy over there with his arm hanging off after a tree chopping accident, a kid with a broken leg there and an old lady with chest pains & breathing difficulties over there! Go home kid!"

Just went to the GP and she was really nice and understanding. She didn't belittle me in any way and said I should wait until Monday and if I'm feeling the same, I should go back.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 12, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.