The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Iran also reminds Micronesia that US and Israel are members of MUN and do not need Micronesia to speak for them.
Socrates
There is no opposition of my words, and that of Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei.

There's no opposition between your:

"the attack has most likely been carried out by Zarqawi and his ilk, who in turn is commanded by Osama bin Laden."

and his

"the occupation forces and Zionism, which seeing their plans for Iraq dissolve, have planned this atrocity to sew hate between Muslims and fuel divisions between Sunnis and Shiites"

?

Funny, seems to me that there's quite a substantial opposition. Then again, incredible mental gymnastics to avoid logic and sense have never been my strongpoint.
Reply 22
The Netherlands would like to extend its condolences and condemn these atrocities.
Reply 23
JonathanH
Micronesia requests a clear explanation of the meaning of the above comment. Micronesia believes that Iran is implying that guilt lies with outside elements (such as the US?) trying to stoke up sectarian tensions in Iraq and asks the position to be clarified. Micronesia asks those countries who have given their own positions by referencing those of Iran (Japan, Austria, KSA), to consider the implications carefully. Very sneaky, Iran, very sneaky.

Islam stands for peace, those who claim to represent either faction and use this as a means of promoting violence cannot be construed as members of Islam. violence can only ever be a last resort and never pre-emptive, this is clearly not the case here, therefore, they are neither sunni or shia, they are not muslims. no doubt micronesia will feel the need to question this explanation.
Haha! The old 'these violent terrorists aren't REAL muslims!' line. Come on, I don't think anyone still believes that sort of crap and one of the major sore points that most have with the "religion of peace" is that they'd rather deny that violent extremists are muslims than deal with the violent extremism being bred, based on their religion, right in their midst. And then after trying to deny that muslim terrorists are muslims, you whine when people see you and portray you as terrorists and terrorist-sympathisers. Micronesia requests that the delegate shut his big mouth as it's obviously larger than his microscopic mind.
Reply 25
JonathanH
Haha! The old 'these violent terrorists aren't REAL muslims!' line. Come on, I don't think anyone still believes that sort of crap and one of the major sore points that most have with the "religion of peace" is that they'd rather deny that violent extremists are muslims than deal with the violent extremism being bred, based on their religion, right in their midst. And then after trying to deny that muslim terrorists are muslims, you whine when people see you and portray you as terrorists and terrorist-sympathisers. Micronesia requests that the delegate shut his big mouth as it's obviously larger than his microscopic mind.

the fact that you would tar these people as muslims shows everyone your true ignorance and inability to comprehend basic concepts. the fact that they say they are muslims does not make them muslims. i can say i am god, does not make me god and does not mean that god has to deal with the fact that there are god impersonators and stop them form impersonating him.

the KSA does all in its power to stop these terrorists that impersonate Islamic followers. the includes co-operation with America.

i never knew that the Micronesian stance on muslims was as such that you have prtrayed, thank you for enlightening me.

For a relatively minor country that plays no significant role in word politics or makes any significant contribution to the world, you sure do talk a lot. maybe Micronesia should concentrate on firthering itself on the world scene before speaking like it is already one of the major powers of the world.
I have no problem grasping what you are trying to say, I just fundamentally disagree. So if you could stop trying to intimate that I don't understand your grasping-at-straws argument, that would be appreciated.

And maybe Saudi Arabia should figure out that the only reason that anyone puts up with your insane, oppressive ways is because you have oil.

And maybe it should figure out that it's not the fact that the terrorists 'say' they are muslims that makes them muslim. It's more the fact that they are born and raised as muslims and do their hideous deeds because of their islamic beliefs that makes them muslims.

Get this in to your head: SOME MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS WHO COMMIT TERROR BECAUSE OF THEIR ISLAMIC BELIEFS. ISLAM HAS A BIG INTERNAL PROBLEM.

If you can't master that very simple fact then it is unsurprising that a lot of people regard muslims as complicit in the global terror attacks that their faith seems to spawn. Will you tackle the terrorist elements being bred in your religion? Hell no! Much better to try to deny they're there and absolve yourself of any responsibility, right? Whilst your co-religionists bomb their way round the globe in an orgy of international-terror, your only action is to try to pretend they aren't doing it in the course of the same religion that you believe in. Wow, way to tackle the problem.
Reply 27
JonathanH
I have no problem grasping what you are trying to say, I just fundamentally disagree. So if you could stop trying to intimate that I don't understand your grasping-at-straws argument, that would be appreciated.

And maybe Saudi Arabia should figure out that the only reason that anyone puts up with your insane, oppressive ways is because you have oil.

And maybe it should figure out that it's not the fact that the terrorists 'say' they are muslims that makes them muslim. It's more the fact that they are born and raised as muslims and do their hideous deeds because of their islamic beliefs that makes them muslims.

Get this in to your head: SOME MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS WHO COMMIT TERROR BECAUSE OF THEIR ISLAMIC BELIEFS. ISLAM HAS A BIG INTERNAL PROBLEM.

If you can't master that very simple fact then it is unsurprising that a lot of people regard muslims as complicit in the global terror attacks that their faith seems to spawn. Will you tackle the terrorist elements being bred in your religion? Hell no! Much better to try to deny they're there and absolve yourself of any responsibility, right? Whilst your co-religionists bomb their way round the globe in an orgy of international-terror, your only action is to try to pretend they aren't doing it in the course of the same religion that you believe in. Wow, way to tackle the problem.

the KSA respectfully requests that you withdraw your comments as if this were the official stance of Micronesia, further action would be unavoidable.
Stick your wahabi-ist nonsense.
Reply 29
Serbia condemns any attack on holy shrines.

Even the so-called "radical" cleric Moqtada al-Sadr has called for unity among the Sunni and Shia.

As for the Micronesian representative's comments - what has his country contributed to Iraq? Nothing. I suggest he considers reality before launching a tirade against other MUN member states. Serbia also suggests that Micronesia look at its budget - it receives a significant amount of US aid. Therefore, is it not suprising how the country politically aligns itself with the US.
Reply 30
sr4470
As for the Micronesian representative's comments - what has his country contributed to Iraq? Nothing. I suggest he considers reality before launching a tirade against other MUN member states. Serbia also suggests that Micronesia look at its budget - it receives a significant amount of US aid. Therefore, is it not suprising how the country politically aligns itself with the US.

what the delgate fails to grasp is that whilst Micronesia is Pro-US it is not anti-Islam and Anti-Middle East. the size of the states of Micronesia show precisely why Micronesia cannot take such a stance. unless the delegate can back up his stance with evidence of official Micronesian policy dictaitnd as such, he should desist from attacking every Muslim nation that is in the UN.
sr4470
Serbia also suggests that Micronesia look at its budget - it receives a significant amount of US aid. Therefore, is it not suprising how the country politically aligns itself with the US.

Erm, yes, Micronesia aligns itself with the US, I have always accurately represented that position, have I not?
So what's your point? I am accurately representing my country, as I am meant to do, do you have a problem with that?
teehar
unless the delegate can back up his stance with evidence of official Micronesian policy dictaitnd as such, he should desist from attacking every Muslim nation that is in the UN.

Wouldn't the correct way round be for you to produce some evidence that I am NOT accurately representing my country, as oppose to me having to fend off your rambling non-specific allegations which you have not evidenced at all?

And I have not attacked 'every muslim nation', I have merely pointed out that Iran has been very badly represented by its delegate
(who then told brazen lies), Syria is run by a murderous thug and the less said about Saudi Arabia the better. There are 56 Islamic countries in the UN, how is attacking 3 of them 'attacking every muslim nation'?

Micronesia has no respect for the delegate, Micronesia makes no secret of that.
Reply 33
JonathanH
Wouldn't the correct way round be for you to produce some evidence that I am NOT accurately representing my country, as oppose to me having to fend off your rambling non-specific allegations which you have not evidenced at all?

And I have not attacked 'every muslim nation', I have merely pointed out that Iran has been very badly represented by its delegate
(who then told brazen lies), Syria is run by a murderous thug and the less said about Saudi Arabia the better. There are 56 Islamic countries in the UN, how is attacking 3 of them 'attacking every muslim nation'?

Micronesia has no respect for the delegate, Micronesia makes no secret of that.

the KSA believes that micronesian people are scum and will burn in hell forever. your country is too pathetic to even bother addressing and so we shall say no more to you.

now, before you go about ridiculing my stance find some evidence that the KSA does not believe this about Micronesia:rolleyes:
Reply 34
JonathanH

The Republic of Sierra Leone condemns the representative's out of character behaviour.
teehar
the KSA believes that micronesian people are scum and will burn in hell forever. your country is too pathetic to even bother addressing and so we shall say no more to you.

now, before you go about ridiculing my stance find some evidence that the KSA does not believe this about Micronesia:rolleyes:
Israel condemns the KSA's shameful comments. All statements should be formal and respectful. Israel asks the KSA to withdraw these comments as they are damaging.

Israel would like to point out that the bold writing indicates contradiction.
Reply 36
teehar

Greece is concerned by this tone
Reply 37
teehar

The Republic of Sierra Leone asks the representative for Saudi Arabia to refrain from personal insults towards other member nations.
The UAE believes that stability is the main priority in the Middle East and that this sectural divide between the two parties (namely shia and sunni) should be unified (if possible) to begin building the country to what is was before Saddam arrived on the scene. This can only be done if construction overtook destruction. At the moment, it is hard to believe it would ever happen.
JonathanH
That's not what your Ayatollah said, is it now, you deplorable little liar?

Egypt suggests that all delegates (especially micronesia and KSA) calm down and avoid personal insults.

Latest