Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite place in the world?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Where's yours? and why! Think mine would have to be New York, but Havana, Cuba comes a close second!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not been to very many places.
    EDIT:
    My point was that I was predicting many people replying saying all of these extravagant places that they have never been to and claiming them to be their favourite place (I was just being honest to try to show this up if you know what I mean).
    I guess I have been proven right.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pangkor Island, Malaysia.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dubai
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Myanmar or Colombia, can't decide!
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Skegness
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Isles of Scilly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amsterdam or Munich
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure but there are places I've been that I've liked more than others. Las Vegas is one of them, I've been to Berlin and that was awesome too. We also used to own a flat in a Spanish holiday resort and we went there every year when I was little, that holds fond memories for me too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 2 places I'd revisit r Barbados (paradise & sporty place) & Budapest (different but the same; old but also new, I think Pest is the new half). Being at Taj Mahal site, Mysore & top of Empire State Building is also nice for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably New York.

Spent a week on holiday there a couple of years ago. Absolutely loved the place.

Would it be the same living there? I'd like to give it a go.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the beauty:

Banana Islands, Sierra Leone - don't go during the rainy season, pretty much ruined my stay

Amedzofe, Eastern Region, Ghana - beautiful mountain village with rainforest, waterfalls etc.

Multiple places in Norway - I love this country, it has forest, mountains, tundra, it can be lovely in summer and chilling in winter ...

Personally:

Agona Swedru, Central Region, Ghana - no particular attraction apart from that I have lived there and feel deeply in love with this place for all the friends I made and my school.

Wow, sometimes you REALLY wonder how you can get negs for something such not offensive or controversial ...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My bed <3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been a few places, seen some beautiful and amazing things on this planet, but it's so true when people say 'there's no place like home'. For me, my home and village is my favourite place in the world
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh or Paris ♥
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botakgi)
    Dubai
    that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Southern Cyprus - might just be due to familiarity though, as it's not exactly spectacular
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    New York definitely, also San Francisco, I liked Rome too but I love travelling all over
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mecca! It's certainly the bizarrest place I've seen! I'm not a fan of institutionalised religion, but the extent to which you can feel the energy that is a result of the devotedness of the people to their faith is overwhelming. I was also amazed at how modern and progressive the city is (on the outisde). The architecture and amenities reminded me of Singapore, but take one step into the side streets and you feel hundreds of years set back in time. Simply amazing. I only caught a glimpse of Jeddah on the Saudi-Arabian red sea coast when we went to the airport, but I've heard that the city is a lot more liberal than Mecca, definitely want to go there one day.

Other amazing place for similar reasons, although it's very, very different: Varanasi in India. It felt like the end of the world to me, in a good way
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    Do many visitors go there, or is it a tourist trap? Do we need GP visit/inoculation/precautions before entering? Won't mind seeing the lay of the land to get a...I'll stop digging now.
    LMAO. I don't even.. what just happened?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.