The Student Room Group

How do you get an A* :)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 05dochertyf
Oh really ? So in biology (AQA) i have scraped an A, but in my January A2 exam i got 95%, does that mean in summer i only need to get 85% :biggrin:?
Same with philosophy OCR but i got 94:smile:?

im getting mixed messages from staff at college on weather its 90 on each or 90 average :smile:? thanks!

90% average across A2 modules, so you will need 85% if your January and June exams are both worth 50% of A2, if the June ones are worth more, you will need more than 85% (but less than 90%). For example, if your January exam was worth 40% of A2, then you will need 86.7% in June to get 90% for A2 (and thus an A*)
Blood, sweat and tears
Jesus Christ, how hard is it to understand?

80% overall
90% at A2
Reply 43
Original post by NuclearFusion
90% average across A2 modules, so you will need 85% if your January and June exams are both worth 50% of A2, if the June ones are worth more, you will need more than 85% (but less than 90%). For example, if your January exam was worth 40% of A2, then you will need 86.7% in June to get 90% for A2 (and thus an A*)

Oh infact i forgot about that (what an idiot),i got 95% in unit 1 which is like 35%, then an A in my ISA which is like 15%, so i probably need like 90 UMS right?

bugger thats not going to happen! hahaha! </3
You absolutely annihilate the paper
Original post by 05dochertyf
Oh infact i forgot about that (what an idiot),i got 95% in unit 1 which is like 35%, then an A in my ISA which is like 15%, so i probably need like 90 UMS right?

bugger thats not going to happen! hahaha! </3

Depends on what percentage you got for that ISA (As in did you get borderline 80% or more like 89%?)
Reply 46
Well you don't know until it gets sent off :frown: Going of last years boundary its something like 85%, but it differs quiet dramatically each year, the general trend is downwards though so if i where to call it 80%, where does that leave me for the summer :smile:???

I think i would have to get around 90 right :smile:?
Reply 47
Original post by Benniboi1
NO. You need 80% average from the WHOLE A-level. If you get 81UMS in unit 4 then congratulations you have your A*

oh thanks thats ok then. cuz my teacher said that to me, however he wasnt sure so i will talk to him again. is there a website that sums this up so i can show my teacher thanks again.
Original post by sukhys
oh thanks thats ok then. cuz my teacher said that to me, however he wasnt sure so i will talk to him again. is there a website that sums this up so i can show my teacher thanks again.

yes there is, if you go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A-star_grades_at_A-level there is a section that reiterates you need an A (80%) overall and an A* (90%) in A2 to get an A*
Reply 49
Original post by funsongfactory
Blood, sweat and tears

Bud, sweets and beers. :wink:
Reply 50
Original post by youngzwavey
yes there is, if you go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A-star_grades_at_A-level there is a section that reiterates you need an A (80%) overall and an A* (90%) in A2 to get an A*

thank you. my teacher says i only now need 81 ums or more to get an A*
Original post by sukhys
thank you. my teacher says i only now need 81 ums or more to get an A*

u got 99/100 wow, well done and goodluck
Reply 52
Original post by youngzwavey
u got 99/100 wow, well done and goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest