Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

TSR Med Students' Society Part IV

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am obsessive and proud of it

Is it just me or does anyone else have all this random information floating around in their head, that just a - doesnt make sence as its so disjointed and b - isnt really of any use!!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I am obsessive and proud of it

Is it just me or does anyone else have all this random information floating around in their head, that just a - doesnt make sence as its so disjointed and b - isnt really of any use!!
    Does the random information have to be related to medicine? If it does, then I'm afraid you're on your own there. If it doesn't, well then, hell yeah I have way too much of that floating around in my head!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone have access to this paper:

Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine, 2000, Vol. 23, No. 4 : Pages 153-160. Introducing computer-aided instruction into a traditional histology course: student evaluation of the educational value. Michelle McLean
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Also, does anyone have access to this paper:

Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine, 2000, Vol. 23, No. 4 : Pages 153-160. Introducing computer-aided instruction into a traditional histology course: student evaluation of the educational value. Michelle McLean
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Why thank you!

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm trypophobic.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I think I'm trypophobic.
    I'm kind of similar. Although I wouldn't say phobic, more that those images/sights just disgust me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I'm kind of similar. Although I would say phobic, more that those images/sights just disgust me.
    I'm not really phobic, I just also feel grossed out by them and wanted others to click the link.

I think most people seem to have some physiological aversion to those images; they literally start to make me feel ill.

EDIT: also a few years ago I used to put the pineapple fingers image in my signature, that lasted a day before the mods kept removing it themselves.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I'm not really phobic, I just also feel grossed out by them and wanted others to click the link.
    Devious! :eek:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)

I think most people seem to have some physiological aversion to those images; they literally start to make me feel ill.

EDIT: also a few years ago I used to put the pineapple fingers image in my signature, that lasted a day before the mods kept removing it themselves.
    They don't bother me, but what really do are diabetic feet.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    See, I'm fine with diabetic feet. I haven't seen anything in a hospital that caused any sort of bother. Except the adult circumcision - that was somewhat uncomfortable to watch, though still not as bad as pineapple fingers and worm boob.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    See, I'm fine with diabetic feet. I haven't seen anything in a hospital that caused any sort of bother. Except the adult circumcision - that was somewhat uncomfortable to watch, though still not as bad as pineapple fingers and worm boob.
    I'm too scared to google pineapple fingers, and yet I'm desperate to know what it is :sad:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to sort out elective 2 weeks before exams = argh
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I'm too scared to google pineapple fingers, and yet I'm desperate to know what it is :sad:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I very nearly passed out whilst scrubbed in on an adult circumcision, and I don't even have a penis, so I can't even imagine what it's like watching that as a guy
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I very nearly passed out whilst scrubbed in on an adult circumcision, and I don't even have a penis, so I can't even imagine what it's like watching that as a guy
    I'm cringing just at the thought. Urological surgery; DO NOT WANT.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I'm cringing just at the thought. Urological surgery; DO NOT WANT.
    Circumcision wasn't that brutal tbh... the apple-corer thing they used to widen the urethra looked ****ing painful though.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I assisted doing one during my first ever clinical attachment (Surgery)haha! Had no effect on me lol :p:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Circumcision wasn't that brutal tbh... the apple-corer thing they used to widen the urethra looked ****ing painful though.
    :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got end of term syndrome?
    Im shattered. I still have to do some night shifts. Im fed up, skint and havent even got the energy to freak out about finals anymore.
    End rant.
Updated: January 15, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.