The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
:rofl:

Strong manic episode going on there.

You should see it. He's repeated I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place like three times in the email as well as "What do I do *insert PBL group*?". I actually think this guy is bordering on mental.

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

That's slightly worrying but at the same time awesome.
Good luck with him :tongue:

I'm going to have to restrain myself from ripping into the bone jiggler in next PBL or else he might poison me or kill my dog or something.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Psychosocial crap :sigh:

Bro, we had a health psych teaching us stress relaxation methods. I **** you not, she projected a big beach image, put on music akin to whale song and started the whole "close your eyes, relax your shoulders, go to a relaxing place" mantra in a ridiculous 'relaxing' voice.

I ****ing lost it and couldn't stop giggling. At one point I was holding in my laughs so hard that some weird involuntary noise was emitted from the depths my larynx which made everyone else crack up. I had to dig my fingernails into the palms of my hands to stop me from pissing myself in a silent lecture hall. I couldn't contain it when she told us to relax our jaws.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RollerBall
You should see it. He's repeated I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place like three times in the email as well as "What do I do *insert PBL group*?". I actually think this guy is bordering on mental.

I'm going to have to restrain myself from ripping into the bone jiggler in next PBL or else he might poison me or kill my dog or something.

Sounds like he'd poison your dog..
Keep us updated on the crap he does eh? :tongue:

Bro, we had a health psych teaching us stress relaxation methods. I **** you not, she projected a big beach image, put on music akin to whale song and started the whole "close your eyes, relax your shoulders, go to a relaxing place" mantra in a ridiculous 'relaxing' voice.

I ****ing lost it and couldn't stop giggling. At one point I was holding in my laughs so hard that some weird involuntary noise was emitted from the depths my larynx which made everyone else crack up. I had to dig my fingernails into the palms of my hands to stop me from pissing myself in a silent lecture hall.

Sounds like a more extreme version of our 'accelerated learning' SSC where you go there to be hypnotised in your sleep..

Have to wonder why the uni's hire these people..
Original post by crazylemon
That GP sounds AWESOME
I hope my CMT teacher is at least half that mad.

I think I would love to be that mad doctor teaching students. It would be so much fun

After a quick google he's actually an Honorary GP Teaching Fellow at Gimperial too...

I ****ing lost it and couldn't stop giggling. At one point I was holding in my laughs so hard that some weird involuntary noise was emitted from the depths my larynx which made everyone else crack up. I had to dig my fingernails into the palms of my hands to stop me from pissing myself in a silent lecture hall. I couldn't contain it when she told us to relax our jaws.

I've had that so many times. It's so awkward, now instead I hide under the desk and laugh into my coat which I find is quieter and only off putting to those sat next to me who usually don't care.
That said I do find half my year boring as **** - if having any sense of humour / emotions makes you manic, I'd rather be that than blunted affect and depressed...
We don't have these bull**** lessons about relaxation or hypnotherapy

I think because we are a science uni they don't seem to hold truck with this crap.

When do you do Psych?
Original post by Philosoraptor
When do you do Psych?

Finish my psych placement this week, can't wait to finish this woolly crap.
Original post by RollerBall
Mad GP

Seems a little odd from what you've said but could be constitutionally weird and/or eccentric.

Are there any other symptoms or signs?

Rhyming, punninng, irritability, pressure of speech, grandiosity, knights move thinking, buying you all coffee, psychotic symptoms?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by Becca-Sarah
:wavey:

SMed - 3rd Year, Imperial

Let me know if your status (year, uni) needs changing.

Some how, I'm a 4th year now. :smile:
5th year I think.
But we had all our psychology lectures last year

Yeah but this stuff seems to come in during Psych.

That said - mindfulness CBT for depression is proven by RCTs to work. So I wouldn't dismiss everything outright - but obviously homeopathy etc ¬_¬ >_<
Original post by Mushi_master
Finish my psych placement this week, can't wait to finish this woolly crap.

I like it!

Where are you placed?

In my low security hospital placement - there's definitely nothing woolly about it haha. Some of these people are presenting beautiful textbook symptoms
Reply 131
For those that attend schools that teach these quack 'treatments', do any of you actually try to do anything about? Is there any kind of academic feedback feature to speak against it? I'm not really that vocal when it comes to curriculum at my school, but I would become very vocal if they tried to implement any of this complimentary/alternative "medicine" crap.
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Seems a little odd from what you've said but could be constitutionally weird and/or eccentric.

Are there any other symptoms or signs?

Rhyming, punninng, irritability, pressure of speech, grandiosity, knights move thinking, buying you all coffee, psychotic symptoms?

I don't know, I've only met him at the one session (plus excessive email correspondence) which I spent most of it like this :lolwut:.

I'll observe a bit more next session I think.
Thanks guys, can't quite believe it
Original post by Carpediemxx
Thanks guys, can't quite believe it

Congrats and you need to change your sig to reflect Dr... :wink:
Original post by Philosoraptor
I like it!

Where are you placed?

In my low security hospital placement - there's definitely nothing woolly about it haha. Some of these people are presenting beautiful textbook symptoms

I'm based across several general adult wards with a bit of CMHT on the side. I mean, it's interesting and all but I just don't think I have the patience to do it as a career.

Can't wait to do cardio/resp next term, so much more my style.
Original post by sweetchilli
Congrats and you need to change your sig to reflect Dr... :wink:

I literally just did haha! thanks
Original post by Mushi_master
I'm based across several general adult wards with a bit of CMHT on the side. I mean, it's interesting and all but I just don't think I have the patience to do it as a career.

Can't wait to do cardio/resp next term, so much more my style.

Oh yeah, but there's loads of stuff I don't want to do but I don't get frustrated I'm on that rotation haha.

Apart from General surgery haha - but I've already had that rant :p:
Original post by Carpediemxx
Found out today i have passed all my finals and now a Doctor (awaiting graduation)!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Woooop! Why so early?
Original post by carcinoma
Woooop! Why so early?

Bristol changed their final year last year so that people who fail can resit twice before having to forfeit their F1 place...thus if it all goes well, all the assessments are finished by...today! I have nothing between now and graduation :biggrin: (my elective is in April and is no longer assessed)

Latest

Trending

Trending