(Original post by nizam.clt)
Thank you for not jumping
Now tell me, do you feel that there was a paradigm shift with the below two quotes ?
"Slavery is natural; ..." - Aristotile.
"There are three categories of people against whom I shall myself be a plaintiff on the Day of Judgment. Of these three, one is he who enslaves a free man, then sells him and eats this money." - Mohammad The Messenger of God.
Please don't elude
from this question. If you are not jumping, please tell me what do you understand by the above two views ?
Now, as I said, it was the 6th century Mohammad The messenger of God who put an end to the Aristotelian views of "Slavery being a natural phenomena", by prohibiting The Enslavement of Free People.
Please note that this prohibition was only implemented by the Muslims who followed him. On the other hand, the non-Muslims of that time were in full-swing on the practices of slavery, they did not mind what Mohammad The Messenger of God said.
Now, there was a ground reality that one must clearly understand. When prophet Mohammad started his mission, the majority of the population were slaves
. They owned slaves just like today's people own dogs, cats, cars, mobiles etc.
- Just like we have branded cars, they had branded slaves.
- Just like we don't mind what our cattle do, they didn't mind the conditions of slaves.
- Slaves were being castrated (the sexual organ of males were cut !!!).
- Slaves were being indiscriminately killed without any reason.
- Slaves were being mutilated for 'good' reason.
They wanted castrated/sterilized slaves for serving at the places and houses of the elites so that they won't have illegal sex with their family members !!!
Anyhow, to those people, Mohammad The Messenger of God said -
'Whoever kills a slave, we will kill him; whoever mutilates a slave, we will mutilate him and whoever sterilizes a slave, we will sterilize him'.- Mohammad The Messenger of God.
- Was this a hypocrisy ?
- Was this a mere carry forwarding of views of thinkers like Aristotle ?
- Was this was just copying them for Islam?
>>mohammed took practice in slave trading
Please provide authentic references. To my knowledge he didn't do that.
Now, there were two things.
1. The significant portion of people were slaves.
- They need integration to the main stream community.
2. The people who denied prophet Mohammad, fought with him and they had the war culture of enslaving captives of war.
There is an in-depth guideline on how Mohammad The Messenger of God did The Integration and you can read it at my blog. I am sorry that I cannot put everything here.
For the second point, since his men were enslaved as part of the war, prophet Mohammad had to allow the same as a war time measure. Please note that the enslavement of war captives, was not a custom brought by Mohammad The Messenger of God. It was a centuries old practice.
>>female sex slaves
There were no sex with slaves in the guideline of prophet Mohammad but there were Intercourse with Right-Hand women just like a wife and husband do it. In order to Integrate the slave community, Mohammad The Messenger of God permitted to have Intercourse with Right-Hand women. Of course you will have many questions. This point is going to be discussed in a very depth, at my blog and you can subscribe to it
- You can see there, what Mohammad The Messenger of God did.
- You can see what The Forces of Evil did on slaves.
- You can see what Abraham Lincoln did with slaves.
- You can see what people like Malcolm X (who was a descendent of African slaves) said.
- You can see what Barack Obama said
- You can see who was
( not 'is') Michelle Obama.