The Student Room Group

GIRLS who have 'designer' bags

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ermmm look
on ebay u can find good second hand ones for half price !
Reply 21
Original post by TheDawn
Ermmm look

Don't be a stinge!
I have 2 Louis Vuittion bags and a prada one and I love! both
You're such a nice brother :smile:

I don't get Mulberry. It's so blah. Everyone has it and it's nothing special.

Miu Miu is gorgeous but the quality is not good. I wouldn't buy again.

Prada is ok, nice enough bags but quite plain. Good for everyday bags but quality is variable

Hermes, LV or Chanel. LV are famously durable and Hermes famously expensive.

I've never been wowed by a D&G bag.

I think the designer handbag brands with the most wow factor at the moment are Dior, Chanel or LV. If price is not an issue, get Hermes.

I would check out Purse Forum as there's some good advice there.

Yes, if you can afford it they are worth it - but do your homework when choosing a durable bag. Also goat skin tends to be v durable, whereas snake is less so. Snake would not last long. Lamb is also delicate. Go read about it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by TheDawn
Ermmm look

Mostly fake
Reply 25
I don't have any :emo:
Original post by yothi5
I'm thinking of buying my sister a designer bag (think Prada, D&G, Hermes...) for her 21st birthday.

So...do designer bags last longer than high street in terms of quality?

And is it actually a worthwhile investment or are those brands and their products grossly overrated?

Buy something vintage, like a chanel handbag- much more expensive though.

The "latest" Mulberry bag will be out of fashion in another ten years, and she won't use it.

They are worth it though. I wouldn't buy something that would go out of fashion really quickly though.
Original post by No Future
Mostly fake

Not necessarily. I brought one off eBay last month, and it was 100% genuine- proved by the receipt and I asked the seller to get something from the nearby store to verify its authenticity. I probably wouldn't risk it if the seller wasn't willing to do this though if im honest.
Reply 28
Did some googling. How about Michael Kors? Their bags are pretty cheap for designer - £200-£500.

Anyone have experience of Michael Kors?
Just buy a fake one from China.

They're made in the same factory anyway.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way endorsing the propagation of illicitly manufactured, counterfeit or knock-off items.

Stay safe.
Reply 30
Original post by philistine
Just buy a fake one from China.

They're made in the same factory anyway.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way endorsing the propagation of illicitly manufactured, counterfeit or knock-off items.

Stay safe.

Would rather hit up primark here.
Reply 31
Now...Michael Kors anyone?

Good? Yay or nay?
They usually are better quality than your average high street bag, but tbh the fact that China can mass produce fakes and 'experts' are sometimes required to tell the difference between the two says it all raelly. :rolleyes:
If you have a lot of money you may as well, but if this is something you're saving up for, I'd just go with a higher end high street label, or buy something else.
Original post by yothi5
Now...Michael Kors anyone?

Good? Yay or nay?

Why not give money and then she can choose her own? It will be very awkward if you choose something she doesn't like.
Reply 34
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Why not give money and then she can choose her own? It will be very awkward if you choose something she doesn't like.

Her problem if she doesnt like it. A gift is better than giving a pile of cash.
Original post by yothi5

Fair enough. No need for the attitude is there? I personally would feel pretty bad if I saw my present being sold on eBay two days after giving it.
Original post by yothi5

You sound like you have a bit of an attitude problem tbh :-/
Reply 37
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Fair enough. No need for the attitude is there? I personally would feel pretty bad if I saw my present being sold on eBay two days after giving it.

Original post by sarahthegemini
You sound like you have a bit of an attitude problem tbh :-/

I'm a teenage boy undergoing changes...my hormones apologise!
To be honest, I'd check the state of her current bags at the moment!

I'd love a designer handbag, but mine tend to get chucked around, filled with everything but the kitchen sink... if I used a designer bag it would look scruffy in no time at all.

Hence why I am a shoe person :ninja:
Original post by yothi5

He could offer to take her shopping for one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending