The Student Room Group

ISA Penalisation

Basically before the Section 1 of my actual ISA i went on to the website and checked the mark scheme what i needed to include in order to get full marks so when it came to the test i included what i needed to do however i slightly think i did it almost word for word will i get penalized for going on to their website say i found the answers for the test before etc.
thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by SeneBase
Basically before the Section 1 of my actual ISA i went on to the website and checked the mark scheme what i needed to include in order to get full marks so when it came to the test i included what i needed to do however i slightly think i did it almost word for word will i get penalized for going on to their website say i found the answers for the test before etc.
thanks.

In my books that is cheating.
So if they find out, yes.
Reply 2
I don't understand if they didn't want us to use it then they would not have published it on their website
I don't understand if they didn't want us to use it then they would not have published it on their website

Published what?
Reply 4
I used one of their exemplars and saw what was needed to be included in order to get full marks on a question it was on their site why should i be penalised?
I used one of their exemplars and saw what was needed to be included in order to get full marks on a question it was on their site why should i be penalised?

No you shouldn't and will not be.
Wait, so you got a specimen paper ISA from their website, did it and marked it then did your actual paper and the same questions came up and you wrote the model answers down? You won't get penalised, it's there for support.

So for example, if a specimen paper said: Why would you use a buffer solution?
The answer is always to maintain a constant pH. That's not cheating if I understood your question correctly. Don't worry :smile:
Reply 7
Re assuring comments the first reply had my heart beating :smile:
Reply 8
To be precise the question was 'Explain advantages of sharing results'
I had seen this before in papers and looked at the answer in order to find what i need to include to gain full marks how else was i supposed to know there's more than 10 possibilities
Yr10 ISA right?

The new questions are very generic and get re-used a lot. The important thing is being able to apply the knowledge to your context.

So, doing an exemplar (which is published on the exam board website) and using the information to help you in a real ISA isn't cheating, it's preparing properly. Just like you'd do past papers to prep for a real exam (which might have some similar questions).

The question i would ask is, why your TEACHER didn't do the exemplar with your class as part of the prep for the ISA.
Reply 10
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Yr10 ISA right?

The new questions are very generic and get re-used a lot. The important thing is being able to apply the knowledge to your context.

So, doing an exemplar (which is published on the exam board website) and using the information to help you in a real ISA isn't cheating, it's preparing properly. Just like you'd do past papers to prep for a real exam (which might have some similar questions).

The question i would ask is, why your TEACHER didn't do the exemplar with your class as part of the prep for the ISA.

Yeah, i agree totally, they are basically gifting the answers too me yet my teachers didn't even use this, that's probably why i got slightly worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending