Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Marketing at Sheffield Hallam September 2012

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone going to be studying Marketing at Sheffield Hallam in septemeber? I've only got 6 months to go so I thought I would start a thread to get talking to people.....I can't wait!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me what acommodation's everyone after btw?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey...Im looking at living at Victoria Hall, how about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah me too! where you from? you heard anything back on acommodation yet or been to any of the open days mate?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cool...I'm from the west mids, about 20 minutes from Birmingham, u? I don't think you hear back until they get your results so they know your definitely going to the uni.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for marketing! and I've also applied to vic hall accom!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    looks like vic halls going to be a popular choice!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Vic halls, but I'm gradually seeing how unlikley it is I'll actually get it! Trigon seems like a reasonable alternative.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm changing into Marketing Communications and Advertising from a different degree at Hallam. Feel free to ask some questions about Freshers, and general uni stuff.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.R.W)
    I'm changing into Marketing Communications and Advertising from a different degree at Hallam. Feel free to ask some questions about Freshers, and general uni stuff.
    Whats the university like?
    Hows the night life?
    Whats the best accommodation?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali11)
    Whats the university like?
    Hows the night life?
    Whats the best accommodation?
    The university is really good, I'm impressed by the help I've received from my tutors so far. You're also treated like an adult as opposed to school.

The night life is really good (ranked 10th in the country). There is literally so many placed to go. The drinks are really cheap too. On student night vodka mixers cost 80p.

Most of the accommodation is really good. I now live in Liberty Court which is really nice, but doesn't have a very big kitchen so socializing is difficult. Your best halls are: Victoria Halls, Trigon, Devonshire Courtyard, The Forge and Central Quay. Try and avoid places like Phoenix Court and Exchange Works.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.R.W)
    The university is really good, I'm impressed by the help I've received from my tutors so far. You're also treated like an adult as opposed to school.

The night life is really good (ranked 10th in the country). There is literally so many placed to go. The drinks are really cheap too. On student night vodka mixers cost 80p.

Most of the accommodation is really good. I now live in Liberty Court which is really nice, but doesn't have a very big kitchen so socializing is difficult. Your best halls are: Victoria Halls, Trigon, Devonshire Courtyard, The Forge and Central Quay. Try and avoid places like Phoenix Court and Exchange Works.

Thanks for the feedback.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali11)
    Thanks for the feedback.
    No worries. Any other questions? Are you doing Marketing?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.R.W)
    No worries. Any other questions? Are you doing Marketing?

No I've applied for Law and I have got a conditional offer. Do you have any friends who have taken law at hallam and if you do what have they said about the teaching and the content of the course.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I can't say I do know anyone doing law at hallam, sorry. I know quite a lot of people at Sheffield uni doing it! I've heard it's a good course though I don't know any more than that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking Marketing Communications & Advertising this year?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    wtf is hallam

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 18, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.