The Student Room Group

WJEC PY4 Psychology?

Hey Everyone, I'm new here and just signed up today so Hi! :biggrin: So I'm sorry if I do anything wrong! :tongue:

I was just wondering if anyone else who has sat the PY4 Psychology (WJEC) exam has any tips or help notes to get a better grade? (The hardest exam ever!)

I had my result back for this exam this week and had a B. Although it was good and I was pleased, I'm currently aiming for a high A or an A* by the end of the year and for my Uni offer I was specified an A for Psychology by the Uni I'm applying for... :frown:

Thank you so much for any help you could give, in advance, it means alot :smile:!!
Original post by camo18
Hey Everyone, I'm new here and just signed up today so Hi! :biggrin: So I'm sorry if I do anything wrong! :tongue:

I was just wondering if anyone else who has sat the PY4 Psychology (WJEC) exam has any tips or help notes to get a better grade? (The hardest exam ever!)

I had my result back for this exam this week and had a B. Although it was good and I was pleased, I'm currently aiming for a high A or an A* by the end of the year and for my Uni offer I was specified an A for Psychology by the Uni I'm applying for... :frown:

Thank you so much for any help you could give, in advance, it means alot :smile:!!

Hey, I have just added some model answers for PY4 to my WordPress site which might be able to help you depending on the topics you covered (link is in my signature).

I'd really recommend the WJEC A2 Psychology textbook by Cara Flanagan and Julia Russell, it's got loads of tips and information designed to help students write decent essays for this particular exam and PY3 too.
Reply 2
Hello!! You should do a quick search on here for some older threads, there were a few of us who sat the exam.. I'll do the hard work for you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1167737

You should look through it, we discussed quite a bit of stuff and I know there are a lot of pages buuut throughout it we would post some notes and help.

Anyway, if you have any questions I may still be able to help too because I do remember some stuff =)
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your help, the both of you :smile: I'm still new to this so don't know how to use it :P
Okay thanks! It's just so hard remembering them all because I'm resitting PY1 and doing PY3 in the Summer :frown:!
Reply 4
Original post by camo18
Thank you so much for your help, the both of you :smile: I'm still new to this so don't know how to use it :P
Okay thanks! It's just so hard remembering them all because I'm resitting PY1 and doing PY3 in the Summer :frown:!

It should be fine. PY3 is largely research methods, some of which crosses into a small section of PY1, does it not? Or is PY1 just approaches? A large amount of your revision for PY3 can be done by completing past papers. I would suggest you print out some of AQA's psychology past-papers and complete the research method sections =) A lot of the questions are really similar and it'll give you some practice because there are not as many past papers available from WJEC.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
We're going thru PY3 atm now, it seems okay :-) Much better than PY4 anyway! Okay, thank-you! :smile:
Predictions for PY4
Reply 7
bias in diagnosis
I managed to predict all 3 issues questions correctly in py3 so I've had a good crack at PY4. I've predicted Cultural bias and ethical costs. I also do questions 3, 6 and 12. My prediction for question 3 is explanations of forgetting. My q6 prediction is conflict during adolescence. MY q12 prediction is treatments of Schizophrenia. Hope this helps anyone that is stressed about tuesday
Reply 9
Does anybody have a prediction for what intelligence essays may come up?
Nature of intelligence
Original post by ZacthePredictor
I managed to predict all 3 issues questions correctly in py3 so I've had a good crack at PY4. I've predicted Cultural bias and ethical costs. I also do questions 3, 6 and 12. My prediction for question 3 is explanations of forgetting. My q6 prediction is conflict during adolescence. MY q12 prediction is treatments of Schizophrenia. Hope this helps anyone that is stressed about tuesday

any good guess about question 4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending