The Student Room Group

ULU and Birkbeck bars - non UL students?

I've previously been into the Birkbeck bar with a University of London student (not Birkbeck). I expected to have to sign in as their guest, but I was allowed in on showing my university card (which is a non-London university). From what I understand, their policy is to allow any NUS affiliated student into the bar. Is this correct?

I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about the ULU bar? Do they allow non-University of London students into their bar without a University of London student?
Reply 1
There's nobody guarding the door but personally as I go there from time to time I would prefer if we didn't get the TVU/East or West London/Metropolitan/South Bank types in there. And I think most people are like that. Down from Oxford or Durham or Exeter for a visit? Fine, welcome.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mememe567856
I've previously been into the Birkbeck bar with a University of London student (not Birkbeck). I expected to have to sign in as their guest, but I was allowed in on showing my university card (which is a non-London university). From what I understand, their policy is to allow any NUS affiliated student into the bar. Is this correct?

I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about the ULU bar? Do they allow non-University of London students into their bar without a University of London student?

I don't think so- when I went to ULU my friend had to sign me in, but then I never mentioned that I was a student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending