Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

losing weight by smoking

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naive9910)
    Simply because i don't like the way i am. I want to be really skinny and even though my weight is average (weight: 54kg Height: 5.2ft), but i still feel that am not as thin as my friends.
    So? Thin isn't better. Look at it like this, your friends are most likely twigs if they're skinnier than you and you're just about to start going down that path.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    its highly addictive though and it has terrible side-effects as well including heart-attack. Am not taking that. no way

With all due respect, were you wasted when you wrote the threat title/that reply?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Simply because i don't like the way i am. I want to be really skinny and even though my weight is average (weight: 54kg Height: 5.2ft), but i still feel that am not as thin as my friends.
    Your 'friends' won't be at your cancer stricken bedside in 20 years time. Grow up seriously...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So how come you see so many fat people smoking? Quite clearly it hasn't helped them to lose weight.

You can't just 'trust' yorself to stop smoking once you start. It's a physical addiction; nicotine binds to receptors in the brain and that gives a good feeling. But then your brain makes more of these receptors so you need more nicotine to get the same feeling as before. So when you've been smoking for a while, then try to quit, it's even more difficult because there are more receptors crying out for nicotine. Giving up smoking is difficult, don't kid yourself otherwise.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just go for a run and eat a salad
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    How common is that then? Does it happen to everyone who quits?
    Well in my experience yes. Most people try replace smoking with eating more to keep them busy. When my mum and brother quit they both put on some weight, and it took my mum quite a time to lose it afterwards.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the clue's in the OP's username tbh
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toastehmonstah)
    the clue's in the OP's username tbh
    oh don't be silly child.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh don't be silly child.
    You are the one considering smoking pureley to lose weight.

its highly addictive though and it has terrible side-effects as well including heart-attack. Am not taking that. no way
    Seriously?

I don't know but i think i trust myself and i would be able to quit it. Am saying this now but i really don't know to be honest.

Well saying as you don't seem to have the willpower to either eat less/or do a small amount of excercise weekly I doubt you would be able to quit it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently a lot of athletes who don't require any endurance (weightlifters and the like) smoke due to it's supposed appetite suppressing quality. Though, it goes without saying that this is far from being a healthy way to lose weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hear that smoking is help to minimize weight or burn fat.
    In fact smoking is bad and harmful for health...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 22, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.