The Student Room Group

Anyone else feeling fed up sixth form now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It's the same at uni you want to finish and get a job. I wonder if it continues ....I wish a levels would end..... I wish uni would end.... I wish I could change my job..... I wish I could get a promotion..... etc etc
Original post by Doofy
I'm exactly like this. I can't bear to go in anymore :frown: but I keep up my bad attendance I'll be put on contract (meaning if I don't turn up to anything I'll get kicked out)

Yeah, I just make sure I go in enough to get them of my back.

Its annoying, because I feel like I learn nothing, and its so tedious.

Only three weeks to easter though. yay!
Reply 62
I am now failing half of my subjects and it's not even due to me not being able to do them but no one wants to understand.

I just can't wait for Easter where I will 100% sit down, revise, and learn EVERYTHING. Then I'll come back to school knowing everything there is to know about my subjects and sit my exams and hopefully get 3 As in my AS levels and then live happily ever after. Until September. 8-(
I feel exactly like this. I just want to leave now; I can't stand having to spend 3 more months feeling completely unmotivated and bored. After all the hard work applying to university I just want to go there now :/.
Reply 64
Counting down the days until study leave (31st May) and my last A2 exam (25th June). I'm completely sick of college at the moment; the workload is okay and I can do everything outside of college, but with the way some lessons are taught (and the way some people in my classes behave) it feels as though keeping my attendance up is the only thing worth going to lessons for. :/
Reply 65
My last exam is the 22nd of June.. but it seems so far away!!! :frown:
Original post by LowRider
It's the same at uni you want to finish and get a job. I wonder if it continues ....I wish a levels would end..... I wish uni would end.... I wish I could change my job..... I wish I could get a promotion..... etc etc

Damn, that's a depressing thought. Most likely true, too.

Ah well. I guess the best anyone can do is live in the moment but do their best. It would really suck if you were miserable while working for the future, then died while doing so.
Original post by LizAnn
Counting down the days until study leave (31st May) and my last A2 exam (25th June). I'm completely sick of college at the moment; the workload is okay and I can do everything outside of college, but with the way some lessons are taught (and the way some people in my classes behave) it feels as though keeping my attendance up is the only thing worth going to lessons for. :/

Completely agree with every word, my attendance really struggles so I don't even feel like it's even worth it anymore.
No. I will miss college :colondollar: and being a teenager and all that
Reply 69
Original post by insomniacramblings
Damn, that's a depressing thought. Most likely true, too.

Ah well. I guess the best anyone can do is live in the moment but do their best. It would really suck if you were miserable while working for the future, then died while doing so.

I hope not :tongue: I think it's just getting education out the way some people like it and remain to be academics. I guess most just want to get it out the way and work as they've been in education for what seems too long. Uni is fun though at times but looking back GCSEs and A levels were the most relaxing times so far.

But ye I like your thinking remain positive yes there will be days you hate your subject but you gotta keep trying ups and downs are part of life. I was reading this inspirational quote It is better to take an interest in the passing of seasons then to be hopelessly in love with spring.
Reply 70
Original post by FuzzySheep
On topic... Yeah, I'm fed up. Mostly because the lessons I go to, I can just do the work at home in half the time and in more depth. I dislike the majority of people in my classes as they're incredibly loud, cliquey and not fussed about their education meaning I get held back as they get extensions and things have to be pushed forward to another date. I just feel like there's very little I go in for now. Uni will be a godsend.

Completely agree! I hate how slowly my school teach, leaving the teachers to then complain that we 'haven't got much time left' and end up cramming in important parts of the syllabus because we've spent too much time on the irrelevant stuff :mad: I just don't get anything out of lessons anymore. I tend to do a lot of the work at home and consequently learn a lot more in a lot less time!

It's also how some people in school still think it's cool to do crap in exams, or when someone has a go at me because I'm gutted I didn't get an A and they 'would have been happy with a C'.. it's all relative! -_-
Reply 71
Original post by flume
Completely agree! I hate how slowly my school teach, leaving the teachers to then complain that we 'haven't got much time left' and end up cramming in important parts of the syllabus because we've spent too much time on the irrelevant stuff :mad: I just don't get anything out of lessons anymore. I tend to do a lot of the work at home and consequently learn a lot more in a lot less time!

It's also how some people in school still think it's cool to do crap in exams, or when someone has a go at me because I'm gutted I didn't get an A and they 'would have been happy with a C'.. it's all relative! -_-

I see you're doing Welsh Baccalaureate too.. How much does it make you want to jump off a cliff?!
Reply 72
Don't worry, I went through that too, and I should think most other people do too. I even felt it when I visited a university with a group from my school back in 2005, and to my 15 year old eyes it was the most awesome place imaginable. The idea of the independence from the accommodation, the fact that it had shops on site, the fact that you're studying only what you want to (sort of), and it knew it was still several years away, I went back to school the next day and was never happy there again. By comparison school felt juvenile and childish, and whilst sixth form felt like a step in the right direction it was still not quite where I wanted to be. I spent my final sixth form year doing nothing but worrying about whether my grades would be enough. Finally I made it, and now look at me, 8 weeks of my undergraduate degree left. :colonhash: Enjoy it, because it goes past quicker than you can imagine.

I wish I could retire...
Reply 74
Original post by Doofy
I see you're doing Welsh Baccalaureate too.. How much does it make you want to jump off a cliff?!

I'm torn! It is an awful, pointless subject, especially the "learning to learn" nonsense, and doing the individual investigation was like enduring a slow and painful death. But it has been handy with university offers, none of the universities in England seem to really know what or how mind-numbing it is
Reply 75
Original post by Dominicque
I wish I could retire...

I wish I could get a mobility scooter .....
Reply 76
Original post by flume
I'm torn! It is an awful, pointless subject, especially the "learning to learn" nonsense, and doing the individual investigation was like enduring a slow and painful death. But it has been handy with university offers, none of the universities in England seem to really know what or how mind-numbing it is

I'm finishing mine off, doing the questionnaire bits then the conclusion..
Seriously though, it makes my head explode!
Reply 77
Urgh, i know how you're feeling! Finding it extremely hard to motivate myself.
I wish I could get a mobility scooter .....

I would I could just die...
Reply 79
Original post by Tsunami2011
I would I could just die...

I wish I could buy a raspberry pii....

Quick Reply

Latest