Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Help! Difference between Kings halls and Intercollegiate Halls

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Thinking about Firming Kings.

Looking at accommodation, there's a choice between, a number of Kings campuses, or Intercollegiate Halls with all the uni's of london.

Just wondering, which is better in general? Student life, cost, for my time at kings etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimanim)
    Hey guys,

Thinking about Firming Kings.

Looking at accommodation, there's a choice between, a number of Kings campuses, or Intercollegiate Halls with all the uni's of london.

Just wondering, which is better in general? Student life, cost, for my time at kings etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe the intercollegiate ones are more expensive as they are all catered, and to a much higher spec- the one my friend stayed in (College) was like a hotel- with 24 hour reception, huge rooms and long corridors. Due to the cost its popular with international students - I would assume the other intercollegiate halls are the same. College hall was also very quiet- even in freshers.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I believe the intercollegiate ones are more expensive as they are all catered, and to a much higher spec- the one my friend stayed in (College) was like a hotel- with 24 hour reception, huge rooms and long corridors. Due to the cost its popular with international students - I would assume the other intercollegiate halls are the same. College hall was also very quiet- even in freshers.
    SO did your friend find it a good experience? Is it more mental in freshers week at actual individual campuses?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    SO did your friend find it a good experience? Is it more mental in freshers week at actual individual campuses?
    Sort of- her corridor was dead, but its open access once you get inside so she went upstairs and made a few friends, but as a medic she mostly went out with other medics anyway. So it worked well for her as she could get a good nights sleep or do work when she needed to, and go out to party. I don't know how this compares with other intercollegiate halls, but just based on College I'd say you wouldn't get the best freshers experience there. And most of the freshers events for the top 4 London Unis were club nights at clubs not necessarily near campus, and I can't speak for other halls.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Sort of- her corridor was dead, but its open access once you get inside so she went upstairs and made a few friends, but as a medic she mostly went out with other medics anyway. So it worked well for her as she could get a good nights sleep or do work when she needed to, and go out to party. I don't know how this compares with other intercollegiate halls, but just based on College I'd say you wouldn't get the best freshers experience there. And most of the freshers events for the top 4 London Unis were club nights at clubs not necessarily near campus, and I can't speak for other halls.
    OKay, brilliant, thanks for all your help anyways, I literally have no idea what to expect in terms of freshers week etc! Just want to make sure I dont miss out by picking a sucky place to live.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    OKay, brilliant, thanks for all your help anyways, I literally have no idea what to expect in terms of freshers week etc! Just want to make sure I dont miss out by picking a sucky place to live.
    tbh College probally isn't the best placed for Kings, and its overpriced IMO anyway.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 12, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.