Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why blacks and arabs are a problem in society.

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onewingedangel)
    OK there is a strong correlation. Schooling in Africa will increase African IQ but not to the level of westerners. Why? Look at the average IQ of Africans already living in western countries. They are lower. This will require more than simply education.
    Just not true. Fake facts.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightonlad89)
    OP, you do realise the Bell Curve was written in a time of strong racial hatred by a couple of bigots who wished to find a way to justify discrimination towards ethnic minorities. It has since, many times, been found to be fundamentally flawed throughout and its findings have been publicly rubbished.

It's an interesting read for historical studies in race-- but to use it in 2012 as proof of anything? Nonsense.
    This.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)

Ah yes, the person who does research and uses logic to deal with problems is far worse to society than those who ignore the problem :facepalm: Either come back with sources or stay silent in your cave of denial.
    well it's quite warm in here so...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who would have guessed !!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK there is a strong correlation. Schooling in Africa will increase African IQ but not to the level of westerners. Why? Look at the average IQ of Africans already living in western countries. They are lower. This will require more than simply education.
    Where are they getting these results from? I can't remember giving an IQ test for a statistic.

You obviously have issues of your own to be so ignorant in trying to project your point
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glow in the dark)
    :facepalm2:

So you are saying their is zero correlation between whether you have had decent schooling or not to your IQ level?
    While I've little time for IQ tests and none at all for the OP, this is what the producers of the IQ tests would insist, that it tests 'raw intelligence'. It's why 6 and 7 year old children might score higher than, I dunno, Oxford professors.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    sigh ... why are people like you allowed on TSR spreading your ignorance and hatred? sterlization is the only answer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    i would write something on why you are a problem in society but it would take too long and i can't be bothered
    It saddens me that this has 4 negs.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brightonlad89)
    OP, you do realise the Bell Curve was written in a time of strong racial hatred by a couple of bigots who wished to find a way to justify discrimination towards ethnic minorities. It has since, many times, been found to be fundamentally flawed throughout and its findings have been publicly rubbished.

It's an interesting read for historical studies in race-- but to use it in 2012 as proof of anything? Nonsense.
    Yet go and find the figures on crime and blacks. Blacks always commit a disproportional amount of crime no matter what country they are in, and before you start saying"it is because they are poor", just remember that they are not the poorest ethnic minority, and everyone in the UK is on an equal level due to benefits.

(Original post by worker13)
    Because unsubstantiated arguments no longer go down well that well. Good times
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Societal expectations/prejudices and inherent characteristics are two very different things.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worker13)
    if it makes you feel any better, none of them had any rep power so they were probably the normal trolls with red gems anyway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    While I've little time for IQ tests and none at all for the OP, this is what the producers of the IQ tests would insist, that it tests 'raw intelligence'. It's why 6 and 7 year old children might score higher than, I dunno, Oxford professors.
    I know that's the idea of the test but I just can't see how someone who has potentially never attended any sort of schooling, comparable to someone in full time UK education. I maybe wrong but ... just seems odd how it's possible to define "raw intelligence" without testing babies ...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    IQ doesn't test what a person knows. That would be inherently unfair to those who have had schooling.
    It tests the ability to analyze and problem solve in an abstract way.
    Despite what some people may say, IQ is disturbingly accurate at predicting many things, intelligence one of them.
    You can practice the skills required for IQ tests, though. I practiced for 2 weeks on the official practice tests given by mensa and my IQ score increased by 12 points.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    IQ means bugger all. I had a genius level IQ as a child and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life

Also, this thread is horrendous. Just because you're being nice to East Asians as well as white people doesn't mean you're not racist. Go away :nothing:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    But even then doesnt it fail to take into account socio-economic factors that result in poor schooling?
    You have to wonder why they are in a bad socio-economic position in the first place.
    People are often unable to differentiate between correlation and causation, but another mistake is to get the causation the wrong way round.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yet go and find the figures on crime and blacks. Blacks always commit a disproportional amount of crime no matter what country they are in, and before you start saying"it is because they are poor", just remember that they are not the poorest ethnic minority, and everyone in the UK is on an equal level due to benefits.

Fake logic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, IQ is not down to genetics but environmental factors- a much higher proportion of the population in the western world are well educated which accounts for the higher average IQ in these countries compared to poorer countries in the world. Look at Britain for example, you have those uneducated white people who may have dropped out of secondary school- of course they would have a much lower IQ score than someone of the same race who has a university degree. The higher IQs in eastern Asia is the result of many people going into higher education- they have a good education system so many people end up staying in school. This again reinforces my point that IQ is not genetic. Perhaps black people could have IQs as high as the other races if only a higher proportion of them are well educated.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    But even then doesnt it fail to take into account socio-economic factors that result in poor schooling?
    The OP is using fake facts and fake logic. It is hardly worth arguing with him at the level he is proposing. Its like arguing with someone whose views would disgrace a primary school to be honest!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cool bedtime story
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catoswyn)
    Aside from research that shows that those in non-western cultures traditionally do badly on western designed and Westerncentric IQ tests NOT because they themselves are any less intelligent than those in the West but because IQ tests are flawed... and aside from the fact that linking IQ to criminal and other behaviour is not neccesarily valid as it ignores other factors... and aside from the fact that all this is arrant nonsense, black people do not have an average IQ of 75-80 ....

I just find your views and the questions you pose morally abhorrent.
    How do I report this as racist and inappropriate anyone????
    These are not 'views', you may find the subject morally abhorrent but that should not deter research. The pope and the catholic church found astronomy morally abhorrent in the past, and imprisoned Galileo in his home for his discoveries. I do not think research should be restricted by petty politics.
    Also do you not think some of the smartest psychologists have not already thought about the western bias of IQ testing? They have developed IQ tests that have no cultural bias.
Updated: March 12, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.