The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Anyone put Brunel down as firm?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Funkyhouse
Sorry for late reply I'm with OCR MEI:mad: My insurance is Coventry with BBC :smile:

Sweet, my insurance is Sheffield Hallam, my heart has been set on Brunel for a while now. How are your exams going? Do you have many left? Hopefully see you in September. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 61
Hi guys!
wondered if anyone could help me :smile:

I have brunel as FIRM (BBB) and middlesex as insurance (300 points) for studying psychology.
I only and only want to go brunel, and feel that i may get BBC (english literature is a drag) - revising a lot so hopefully BBB but if i get BBC what are the chances of them accepting me?
should i ring middlesex now or wait until clearing for me to be "released" (i also have re so the points would allow me to go middx- dont want to!)

and then apply to brunel again through clearing in hoping they accept my lower gradee.
or shall i wait until results to ring middx to be released? however i know it can take up to 2 weeks! and want that brunel offer not to go to someone else?

I only really want to go brunel, any advice?
Reply 62
Put Brunel as my firm choice for Biomedical Sciences, hope i get the grades! Does anyone know if brunel is likely to let a student in with BBC, when they need BBB?
Reply 63
Original post by LondonLT
Hi guys!
wondered if anyone could help me :smile:

I have brunel as FIRM (BBB) and middlesex as insurance (300 points) for studying psychology.
I only and only want to go brunel, and feel that i may get BBC (english literature is a drag) - revising a lot so hopefully BBB but if i get BBC what are the chances of them accepting me?
should i ring middlesex now or wait until clearing for me to be "released" (i also have re so the points would allow me to go middx- dont want to!)

and then apply to brunel again through clearing in hoping they accept my lower gradee.
or shall i wait until results to ring middx to be released? however i know it can take up to 2 weeks! and want that brunel offer not to go to someone else?

I only really want to go brunel, any advice?

I'm in a very similar situation, also because of literature. I think you'll be fine if you get A, B, C but it's unlikely you'll get in with BBC

Reply 64
You guys will love Brunel, I've just finished my first year here and I don't know a single person that actually wants to go home for the summer!

I needed BBC to get into Brunel for journalism but I got BCC and it was fine.
Reply 65
Original post by NeonXIII
You guys will love Brunel, I've just finished my first year here and I don't know a single person that actually wants to go home for the summer!

I needed BBC to get into Brunel for journalism but I got BCC and it was fine.

that makes me even more happier with my choice:biggrin: .. what is the lowest people got to get onto your course? I have heard that Brunel are pretty lenient
Reply 66
Original post by hanuni156
that makes me even more happier with my choice:biggrin: .. what is the lowest people got to get onto your course? I have heard that Brunel are pretty lenient

I honestly have no idea, I've never really asked anyone haha.
I'm pretty sure they are lenient as you've heard though - either way, good luck in your exams!
Reply 67
I honestly have no idea, I've never really asked anyone haha.
I'm pretty sure they are lenient as you've heard though - either way, good luck in your exams!

pleaaase tell me it was your firm choice and they accepted you with the lower grades and you didnt go through clearing
Reply 68
Original post by MrTwist
I'm in a very similar situation, also because of literature. I think you'll be fine if you get A, B, C but it's unlikely you'll get in with BBC

i actually hate literature! and my teacher making us do PARADISE LOST. urgh
Reply 69
i litrelly live like 10 mins away from brunel so its so close to me haha, no living out for me!
Someone mentioned in another thread that Brunel raised their grade requirements this year, it's unlikely that you will get in without the necessary grades.
Reply 71
Original post by LondonLT
pleaaase tell me it was your firm choice and they accepted you with the lower grades and you didnt go through clearing

It was my firm choice and they accepted me with the lower grades, I didn't go through clearing. :wink:
Reply 72
It was my firm choice and they accepted me with the lower grades, I didn't go through clearing. :wink:

Lucky! By how far did you miss the grade requirements they asked for?
I have already got a grade C in an A level that I completed early, and Brunel wrote in the acceptance letter that I just need two B's at A level, and B's in my AS subjects; so basically they will accept me on BBC. Do you think that they definitely wont make an exception and wont let me in with BCC because of this? Really worried :/

Reply 73
Original post by 19941994
I have already got a grade C in an A level that I completed early, and Brunel wrote in the acceptance letter that I just need two B's at A level, and B's in my AS subjects; so basically they will accept me on BBC. Do you think that they definitely wont make an exception and wont let me in with BCC because of this? Really worried :/

Well I needed BBC and got BCC so you may get lucky, I guess it depends on the course though. Mine is quite small and I had other experience in the subject which may have swung the decision, I'm really not sure though.

Basically I'm saying that they'll probably make the exception of 1 grade if they have the space to do it. Good luck!
Reply 74
Well I needed BBC and got BCC so you may get lucky, I guess it depends on the course though. Mine is quite small and I had other experience in the subject which may have swung the decision, I'm really not sure though.

Basically I'm saying that they'll probably make the exception of 1 grade if they have the space to do it. Good luck!

Ah ok, thank you :smile:

Reply 75
Original post by Delirium Trigger
Someone mentioned in another thread that Brunel raised their grade requirements this year, it's unlikely that you will get in without the necessary grades.

They have raised their requirements, meaning there is a possibility that if you don't get BBC, or the necessary grades; its possible that someone else who has an offer of ABB (which they upped some subjects to) then if they get them grades and you get BBC, obviously they will not accept you and accept those other students at a higher grade.

Try your best to get your BBC, only thing you can do!
Reply 76
Original post by Dicey
They have raised their requirements, meaning there is a possibility that if you don't get BBC, or the necessary grades; its possible that someone else who has an offer of ABB (which they upped some subjects to) then if they get them grades and you get BBC, obviously they will not accept you and accept those other students at a higher grade.

Try your best to get your BBC, only thing you can do!

I'm trying! Just worried i might not get it :frown: would someone on the same course as me get an offer for ABB though? And do you know if biomedical sciences is a popular course at brunel? Thanks :smile:

Reply 77
I'm trying! Just worried i might not get it :frown: would someone on the same course as me get an offer for ABB though? And do you know if biomedical sciences is a popular course at brunel? Thanks :smile:

I understand your worry! I'm offered BBC, but unsure whether I will get it.

I'm unsure about whether biomedical sciences is a popular course; sorry!

Goodluck nonetheless
Reply 78
Original post by Dicey
I understand your worry! I'm offered BBC, but unsure whether I will get it.

I'm unsure about whether biomedical sciences is a popular course; sorry!

Goodluck nonetheless

Thats ok, thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:

Reply 79
i guess with this year & 9000 fee's a lot of people aren't going uni or doing GAP year; coz i got people getting offers to like ABB uni when they were getting BCD...

im worried coz im doing psychology so thats hard!

Quick Reply

Latest